1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

IGCSE / ICSE comparison ..please help

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by joel123, Aug 22, 2014.

1. joel123

joel123 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    How good are the schools that offer IGCSE syllabus in India? Specifically Bangalore ?
    How easy or difficult it is to shift from an IGCSE syllabus to ICSE syllabus?
    Iam aware that the IGCSE is the international version and ICSE is the Indian version. But when I compare the syllabus, it has lot of difference. Does anyone have an idea what extra subjects are offered in IGCSE in India except the original Cambrdige framework? I see that outside India it's mostly History and Geography and a foreign language.
    Iam talking about Class 1.

Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    joel123

2. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Till about class 5, ICSE doesnt have exams, they are more activity based.

At Bangalore, there are several schools that have both ICSE and IGCSE syllabus.

The board comes into picture only in X std. So, maybe after 5th or 6th you can think about the board!

Right now at 1st std level think where you want to live and find a school near to your area so that your little one doesnt have to fight traffic and you're available nearby for any issues/emergencies/meetings

1 person likes this.
  3. MMJJJ

MMJJJ Bronze IL'ite

Hi Joel123,

IGCSE Schools in Bangalore - ThinkVidya.com . this site lists all the schools providing IGCSE syllabus. I think we have the option of shifting from ICSE syllabus to IGCSE from class 5.
    hope this information is useful.

Regards,
    MMJJJ

1 person likes this.
  4. joel123

joel123 Gold IL'ite

Hi hrastro ,
    thanks for your response . My botheration is not with the board. I prefer to put my child in ICSE, but unfortunately in my area, I do not have an option. IGCSE is an option.
    when I see the subjects , in a school I saw that there is computer in ICSE ...but in IGCSE there is a different mode followed...forget about the class...in any class if I put him back to ICSE when Iam back in India, will he find it difficult to bridge the gap? Has anyone tried this? That was my question.

thanks
    joel123

QUOTE=hrastro;3363232]Till about class 5, ICSE doesnt have exams, they are more activity based.

At Bangalore, there are several schools that have both ICSE and IGCSE syllabus.

The board comes into picture only in X std. So, maybe after 5th or 6th you can think about the board!

Right now at 1st std level think where you want to live and find a school near to your area so that your little one doesnt have to fight traffic and you're available nearby for any issues/emergencies/meetings[/QUOTE]