1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Daughter...

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by rachaputi, Jul 9, 2014.

1. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Hi ladies good morning...

I have one daughter who is studying in 3rd, 8yrs old.. As like all other, her schooling also started with 2hrs duration, now its reached to 9hrs(8 to 4, 1/2hr bus journey)..

Now coming to the problem:

Every time she will cry as time was increased than previous. As usual i say so and so to divert her. Actually now the school timing was increased 2hrs more than previous as we joined in other one. Since one month daily either she cries or go with dull face or teary eyes. Got complaint from teacher as she is asking wanna see my mom' in school timings. I know she had hard feeling inside, but i'm not raising the issue, she will cry more if i ask, so ignoring and skipping but diverting her by asking how was the day, friends, food etc..

Yesterday:

My son told me that, amma papa came to my class and crying as i want to see amma, and continued in bus also.. Her acts were expressing the same like, sleep with me, roaming behind, sitting on laps etc.. Had doubt that she may fearing for some, so asked the same like teacher, friends, home works etc.. No ma i dont have any problem feeling like to see you, why dont you come once to school in between(7kms)??

Her pain:

I felt so many times the same, that you will ask like this if i say missing you, so been quite. I tried my best to divert myself and having the same feel entire day even after the school closed as in the fear of next day.

And i feel, why am only having the pain, mom not had na :(. The words made me realize very strongly, she is missing me seriously..

I am being with her all the time when she at home, she always rubs my cheeks, holds me while doing work, sits in my lap, etc.. I dont understand one thing, that she is very comfortable and ignored me when she went to her grandma house 2 times without me and spent 15 days. Now why she is sick about that and unable to mingle with the others even after one month.

Sometimes her dad is warning her as you should not be like this :(

Dearies, i dont know where my effort is missing to make her understand, i tried all the ways as within few days it will be okay, spend time with friends, every one is like that only na etc..

Please give some suggestions if you have any other...

Thanks in advance..

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014

2. nikitamjain

nikitamjain Silver IL'ite

Hi rachaputi,
    I think u should try to talk to your child again and try to find out the real problem. If its just that she doesn't like school, ask her the reasons. Then tell her why school is important and fun. Encourage her to make friends. Request her teachers to involve her in more extra curricular activities. All along, keep track of her and guide her into making good friends and participating in more events in school. Once she makes friends and has a sense of belonging and remains busy, she won't like to stay at home :)

3 people like this.
  3. Kita

Kita Senior IL'ite

To make 8 year old understand is difficult but not impossible...you have to be patience and try to ask her the problem...make her understand the positive and negative effect of her behavior ..

if possible invite her friends to home ..arrange little party with her friends at home ...involve yourself with her friends ...try to maker yor kid comfortable with other kids...but for that you need to speak to other kids..

share your happy days of school with you kid...at this age they need more attention and care ....to find the solution try to understand the problem first

hopw this works

1 person likes this.
  4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Is she having the same "missing feeling" in other places other than School. You said she was okay at her grand mother's place. How about other places?
    You may try to see this by sending her to extra classes like "music, sports, swimming or language" on the weekends?
    If she is having the same problem over the period of time, whereever she goes, then she needs some help. Help in the sense to understand her problems, and give her the assurance in a more professional way.

However, I know some kids have this school phobia. They will hate the school, just the school only. That too for sometimes.

I remember meeting some kids of this sort before. But this will eventually fade away when she finds some good friends, good company in the bus or a best teacher-friend. It will happen for sure, but sometimes it may take a while. Many such kids turn out to be normal, and loving their school like others.

This is the problems with kids. If they feel uncomfortable, they will immediately start missing their moms. As if their moms are the only comfort zones for them. That is also true in a way.
    I think your little one is not comfortable in her school. It may happen due to the changes (time, class room, friends, teachers etc...). Till she is comfortable, she will continue to miss you.

Speak to her teacher. Try to be friend with her teacher, and ask her to be extra caring to your daughter to make her comfortable there. Once she is okay with the teacher, she will be fine.

2 people like this.
  5. rachaputi

Actually i spoke to teacher on the same thing in last meet. As expected she replied within few days everything will be alright, dont worry.

Was discussed with her about her friends etc normally and not connected the topic with these.. Yes she is comfortable at her grandma place. And she didn't expressed any discomfort during her abacus and music classes time, as she spends only one or two hours there i feel.

As you all suggested its better to meet her class teacher once again. Everyday she leaves the home with sad face, as some one taking without her consent. But doing the home works, etc.. normally..

Its little bit tough to deal with grown child who can answer wisely than us :) Her long face upsetting me while going to school..

6. Sai3A21

Sai3A21 Platinum IL'ite

It may also be because of the new place.. everything is new to her - new place, environment, school, friends... she might take little more time to get used to. have patience rp. nothing to worry. if possible, talk to her teacher once and take her help. visit her once during school time - this will make her happy., and she might be back to normal again. cheer up girl hugsmiley

1 person likes this.
  7. rachaputi

sai- actually felt same, One month is long time and depressed with yesterday's discussion.

Hope she will be fine soon..

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Rachaputi,

Did you ask her why she cries, straight. talk to her. tell her amma also misses her babies, but amma also has the responsiblity of bringing up her children in the best possible way. she has to send them to school and give them better opportunities to do better.

don't go teary seeing her sad face, tying her to your invisible apron strings..let go and allow her to be independent. sometimes as parents we need to be a little firm and a little hard on ourselves for the sake of the kids..

Now coming to crying at school..maybe the school takes her out of her comfort zone. is it a bigger school and a different medium. does she have any issues with regards to learning, like writing slow or handling instruction. something that triggers a fear and need for security.

at 8, your daughter can talk to you clearly about what is happening. the clue must be there in all that you have observed. only thing is that you need to pin-point or understand..

longer hours means longer studying, longer writing and performance..there is something there ...if she was having separation anxiety, it would surface even if she was with her grandma. so it is something linked to studies/school is my opinion.

make a check list in your mind. and cross them out..

2 people like this.
  9. Sai3A21

Sai3A21 Platinum IL'ite

each kid takes different time to adjust rp. My friend's daughter used to cry a lot every year when the school reopens. she is in the same school since nursery but still the section changes every year which is the reason for her cry. and this continues atleast till 1st term completes ie till sept/October. so give her time to adjust, let her do things she likes to do. slowly she will start going to school with a smiling face :thumbsup

10. rachaputi

Thanks for raising hand writing issue shanvy..

When asked for all these, she has straightly shoot out that why you are asking all these, i'm not a LKG girl or first time for school can handle on my own :bonk

I think after spending such a long vacation like a free bird, missed her independence, and feeling just like a cage.

After discussing here, my mind thinking in different ways, finding the cause. My mind was blocked. Will try with all suggestions

1. will meet teacher once again
    2. will make new friends at home
    3. is teacher pointing any again and again
    4. will tell to my son that check her once whenever possible..

Thank to all for the suggestions.

1 person likes this.