1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

6 year old DD getting healthier at her tummy...

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Happy2be, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

DD is 6 year old . From the start she have had tummy issues which after much much trials, we haven't as such been able to sort. Seems like milk doesn't really suit her. Took to Soy Milk...she won't drink it. Though she takes single toned milk in different forms. She has become fussy eater over the time, since last year or two. I try to take best care...very minimal sweets, chocolates etc....junk foods are restricted to special days or outings. I understand at different ages kids gain height and weight at different. She is getting healthier but her tummy is getting way healthier. Its bloated almost always...don't even remember when was her tummy flat or normally soft last. Have visited paeditricians and physisicians..they give instructions, tonic when needed....but nothing has really helped. Tummy issues are also hereditary in Dh's family but I feel she is too very young for all this and from the start me and DH have been careful about her eating habits so that she doesn't develop a trouble tummy but alas :-(

I'm not even sure...how much of the tummy is because of weight gain and how much because of bloating. Any advises for my princess? :-(

2. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Hi Happy2be: I am surprised that the doctors are not helping! You need to find a good one. A distended belly could be due to many reasons - gas, constipation, malnutrition or other illnesses. Her problems with milk suggest that your daughter may be lactose intolerant. If she has more extensive tummy problems as you suggest & if it runs in your husband's family, also look into celiac disease. See Celiac Disease Foundation.
    I know this must be worrying for you. Please find a good academic teaching / research hospital and have your daughter looked at. She probably needs some sort of modified diet at the very least.

3. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

thanks for the reply. Yes this really worries me quite a lot... I am already hunting for an appropriate doctor after having changed 3 already :-(