1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dhrithi's First Day at Nursery!!!!!..a very different experience for both of us :-)

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by swaran, Jun 7, 2012.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,

Today was Dhrithi's first day at nursery(alone) .....logically to say,yesterday was the first day but we too went along with her,and there was a small parents orientation programme after which we were asked to leave......i was a little tensed thinking whether she ll cry or how she would behave:confused2:...

But she was super excited to goto school..woke up on time,got ready....all in pinky pink today,her favourite colour,i mean all girls favourite colour and she was no exception ..hehehe...but then why i chose pink today,?? i thought even if she creates fuss,she would be happy with all pink things and so she might accept to get ready..what an idea na??..hehe..but no,she dint give any space for any fuss..she happily wore her pink dress,pink bangles,pink shoes,pink bag with elephant doll attached and that too is pink in colour ,pink handkercheif,pink waterbottle...i would have given her more pink accessories like hairband,bindi,chain all in pink but then i feared for 2 reasons
    (1)obvious,you might have guessed it right-yeah she will loose it
    (2)she ll look like a pink cotton candy..hehhee..we have already tried this once and she definetely was looking like one..hehe..

(Now you know why i have made the font colour as pink ;-)..i know its little difficult to read but sorry,my DD's favourite)

so just with minimal accessories i dressed her up...she took the bag and said "amma ,school ku pogalam,time aachu" (amma its time for school)..while i was still dressing to go to office..hehehe

Asked her to give few poses for the camera for which she is all time ready ...after that we started..all neighbours came out and waved tata..it was so nice to see..forgot to mention,i made a nice kolam yesterday for her first day.hehhe...seeing this my mil made payasam/kheer..seeing this my houseowner(old lady and very close to dhrithi) said "naa kollu paati,edachum pannanume"(i am great grandmother,i should do something) and made some laddus and gave us-chain reaction..to add more to the this, my parents(which includes my mom,dad,sister and aunty) had booked tickets last week(since it was announced that the school would open on June 1st) so as to see dhrithi entering school on the first day...i was making fun of them saying the school incharge would ask "how many kids from your family would be joining??" when they see 10+ members(me,my DH,my ILs,my parents,aunty,sister and BIL) at the entrance of the playschool and they ll be shocked to know thats they have come to send just one kid..:rotflbut i was so happy to see the love from all .i should thank god for that(touchwood)

so,where was i,haan yeah gifts...again my parents had got a doll(elephant) pink schoolbag ,whiteboard,markers and ofcourse pink waterbottle for dhrithi(thank god they dint search for a pink whiteboard and marker:bowdown)...few of my friends too participated in the competition...one friend sent a big 49 piece colour set from singapore,another friend a nice educational cd and my neighbours too contributed with pencil boxes,colours,lunch box etc etc...:spin..i was telling tomyself "is my kid going out of india for her education??"...atlast it was only me and her appa who dint gift her anything..hehe..

So coming back to today's story,ahem(i always leave the track,sorry for that)....me and dhrihti went to the school in my 2W...while on the way i was tensed and kept instructing her how to behave in school,to inform the teacher when she wants to go potty etc etc..she kept telling "mmmmmmm mmm" just for the sake of hearing..hehhe...meanwhile there was heavy wind blowing on our way..dhrihti thought that its because i am riding fast..she told me "amma,ennaku kan eriyardu ma..fast a ootada slow va ootada,meduva ootu"(amma my eyes are burning,dont ride fast,dont ride slow,ride SLOWLY)...meduva means slow/steady in english...hehehe she dint understand that meduva and slow both mean the same and so said "fast a ootade,slow va ootade,meduva ootu"..hehhe...but i told that its not me who is riding fast but she did not believe since the wind too was heavy and so she kept scolding me thinking her eye irritation is all because of me and kept instructing me not to ride fast:hide:...

Then ,she noticed Euro kids school banner(yeah thats her school) 100m before the school and said "amma ennaku rabbit(mascot) teriyardu ma"(amma i can see rabbit which is the mascot of euro kids) and was jumping...as soon as i stopped my 2 wheeler near the school(50m before),she jumped down with her cute pink toy bag and pink waterbottle with a big smile and rushed to the school gate but stopped there since all parents were standing out,you see obidient kid...hehehe...parents were actually suprised to see a kid coming running to the school,hehehe...other kids(whomever i saw at that time) were crying..i thought dhrithi too would cry thinking its a shastram/welcome procedure....hehe..the teachers came to the entrance and said good morning to each kid and took them inside..

One among the teacher called dhrithi but she turned to my side hesitating to go with the teacher...i was like "oho,is she gonna start?!!" but she dint..i said "po/go"..after that the teacher took a kid who was crying and asked dhrithi to come with her and dhrithi,like a very obediant kid caught her fingers and went inside without crying a bit..i felt so proud..:cheersshe went in so silently

i dint know whether she ll cry while going inside or make noise or even leave the teacher and come back to me..i will not know how to react if such things happen:drowning..so many things were running inside my head bu then neither did she cry,nor did she say goodbye... :bonk

she went in..i waited for a 2 minutes to see an attender removing her slippers..it was only then she turned back and saw..i waved "bye" but then again no bye from her side..i was worried thinking she might cry if i stay for some more time so i moved away with a heavy heart...

but what i saw today was mothers leave the kids with a happy bye while fathers wait at the entrance for a looong time thinking of their kid who entered the kid..i remembered the movie "Abhiyum naanum" where the father would cry while leaving the kid for the first time in school whereas the mother wont....out of 20 people who were standing outside the gate,90% were men who were constantly peeping inside looking for their kid while the mothers either left the kid,waved bye and went or they were consoling the poor father..hehee

Dhrithi has been away from me when my ILs take her for a mini trip to home town...also she has stayed in my neighbour's place till i come back from office when my ILs were not in town and she was just a 1 year baby at that time....it was usual for me to leave my kid with my ILs everyday while leaving for work(right from her 6th month)..but this seperation to school was different,cant say how..i felt a bit emotional,dint cry though..hehe..

maybe i had loads of thoughts running in my mind like
    (1)will she cry?
    (2)how will she move with totally new crowd in which she knew NONE?
    (3)how will i react when she says she wont go to school?
    (4)will she beat any kid..show her anger on someone?
    (5)will she earn a good name in that new crowd...?
    and many many more...

Maybe all these questions were the reason for giving me that emotional feeling....it was a little difficult for me eventhough the school timings would only be for 1 hour for today and tomorrow more days..

I couldnt sit in office for that 1.30 hours and gave a call to my ILs asking how she reacted when they went to get her back...they said that she was fine and the teacher had asked them to come a little early for some days maybe 5-10 minutes before(they actually went on time,i asked them to)..it seems she saw few kids leaving early(i thought it would be correct for one hour but then the school has left them early) and she too started to cry..she was fine when my ILs had gone to pick her up..all along the way she was narrating some incident it seems..after that when her grandmother asked what happened at school,one time she has told "enna adichutta"(they slapped me),i am sure this would have never happened..hehe and another time she has said "enna good girl nu sonna...naa romba samattu nu sonna"(they said i am a good girl)

But one thing let me tell you,this girl does say loads of story just like her mom but then her mom atleast says real stories ,dhrithi does lot of reeling so i can never believe her..heheh..but it was nice experience for both of us..

No wonder they call the kid's first day at school as "umblical cord cut for the second time"!!!

Asusual i made a leeeeeeeengthy story...
    thanks for the patient reading :)

46 people like this.

2. sivaranjaniadi

sivaranjaniadi Bronze IL'ite

Re: Dhrithi's First Day at Nursery!!!!!..a very different expeience for both of us :-

Hi swaaram,
    wow. What a story ya?
    whatever you thought on that time you just written it as a story. nicce.
    every one of us having the same thoughts when our kids start schooling.
    you Presented it nicely.

All the Best to your kid and you too dear.
    take care.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2012
  3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Re: Dhrithi's First Day at Nursery!!!!!..a very different expeience for both of us :-

thanks a lot sivaranjani for your first feedback..
    yeah you are right..every mom gets such feelings when their kid goes to school for the first time..
    i just wanted to preserve mine by sharing in IL:)

1 person likes this.
  4. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

That was a great D Day to remember in the life time, COngrats for passing the day happily with green memories to cherish, Happy schooling and Best wishes dear Swaran sister...

5. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Swaran..
    Nice write up,you have expressed things nicely.
    I love to see my daughter going to school in another two years,i hope her Dad will be like the dad in Abhiyum Naanum exactly,not sure how he will react.

Enjoyed reading and how was her Father's reaction on the first day to school...you missed to tell it to us.what he in tears???

I have nominated your post this month..

6. KAME

KAME Silver IL'ite

hi,

swaran, i am imagining how dhirthi would have looked in pink dress... cute girl...

sweet kisses and wishes to dhirthi.

reg / ka

7. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That was a very cute pinky story about a pinky girl written by the darling mom in lovely pink.. enjoyed every line of your narration and could visualize as if it happened in front of me..

Good narration :)

8. nnarmadha

nnarmadha Platinum IL'ite

Nice writeup swaran. Now am thinking about my DD, who will join playschool this month..:)

9. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Hey thats nice and eventful.. Felt so nice to read that there were so many people around who wished her well and showered her with gifts for the beginning of a new and important phase of life - Schooling. Yes it is even more eventful and important for the mom as well, as you are going to share your child with one more new person - her teacher. Swaran keep seeing, the awe and respect and fondness with which she will start talking about her teacher from now on.. Sometimes I have even felt jealous about it. But ya, it is good that she took to school easily. I have also seen kids in my son's school, who cry even after a whole term.. Touch Wood that you had that transition easy. All the Best to Dhrithi for having lots of fun and to learn a lot and to make lots and lots of friends at school!

10. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Dear Swaran,

I couldn't stop smiling when I read the write up. You narrated it so well that I could see Dhriti in my imagination with all those pinky pink apparels. Lots and lots of kisses to your cutie pie.

Love,
    Simi..

1 person likes this.