1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Easy ..quick.. Tiffin recipes...SHare!!

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Happy2be, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

Today is DD's first day to formal school. Till yet she used to get lunch from school itself and the menu used to be well-planned, nutritious and tasty, as she usually asked - mumma make this n that..I get that in school..mumma why dont u cook like the school aunty..she cooks it yummy n all. Now onwards, she has to take tiffin from home and since the last 1 month, I had been trying hands on quick recipes to chek out what would she like to have and how much time it would consume in my rushing morning routine. WIth her mumma n papa both excited to pack her tiffin..and she too to see whats in at tiffin time, her first tiffin day had " Grilled panner sandwich." Yup, she loves them at home.

I'd share the recipe, if anyone would like to try for their kids..its a very quick one..hardly 5 -7 minutes and nutritious n yummy too :)

Mashed paneer
    multigrain bread
    ketchup
    sandwich spread (eggless or with egg...it comes with minced veggies in it)
    Mayonnaise (if you wish to. I didnt use..but I do just at times)
    you can use cucumber, onion, cabbage, carrots cut in very small pieces.

Just mix 1 tbsp of sandwich spread, half of ketchup and all veggies n paneer. Add salt n black pepper to taste and grill in your griller or you can toast in your toaster and its done :)

I have also tried this with grilled chicken nugget pieces as replacement of paneer . DD loved that too. WIth more recipes in my mind..I'd love to get some quick ones form other mommies here :)

1 person likes this.

2. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Wow.. nice recipe Happy.

Will make this for my DD :)

3. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

wow thats great recipe mam...............please do share a lot

4. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

Thought of sharing tit bits recipes as I keep looking for her tiffin..most mums know how to cook everything, just that they forget that they have that item in the consideration list too:) But today I was so badly unwell..could hardly stand..DH gave her a bath n made her ready for school and me..trying hard to pack her tiffin...healthy baked burger was what I had planned... :-( I forgot to apply sandwich spread...ketchup was kept low as it doesnt really suit her throat....Couldnt locate her other tiffin so had to place it in a plastic box that I could see in visibility...I just couldnt stand..and now after so many hours when I am back to senses...I am feeling bad for my baby :-( hmmmphhh...Whether she'll eat or not...she will like that so made burger or not..was it good enough to be given to her :-( WIll share the recipe some other day...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
  5. delhi4

delhi4 New IL'ite

i made aaloo ka parantha for my son...

1 person likes this.
  6. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

mmm...long time...let me recall all I sent in tiffin in last few days...
    Day 1- grilled paneer sandwich
    Day 2 - microwave poha(had onion, tomato, peas in it)
    Day 3 - french toast (egg ones)
    Day 4-day 7 were holidays :)
    Day 1 again - paneer parantha in form of a flat roll...easy for kids to handle n eat..
    Day 2- cheese salad sandwich grilled(grilling doesnt let the bread pieces get slimy else ketchup...salad..if not eaten soon make bread slimy.
    Day 3 - bread omellette.
    Tomorrow - veg tikki burger (I use multigrain or brown bread and the same for any burgers or buns)

shes not the one who would patiently sit and go for bites..lol . All sandwiches are cut in 4 pieces or triangle or circle..to make it attractive and handy for her. just these few days and we have our new patent dialogue - Aaj tiffin mei kya hai?? :)(whats in your tiffin today)
    she says her friends come and ask her what she got in tiffin and to make friends happy she was sharing half of her tiffin first 3 days..and when I would tell her Okay share but keep your share and tummy full...all mummies give lunch..share some and have more yourself and tell the same to your friends else their mummies will get upset that their tiffin is not empty...
    Mumma...what can I do if they come and ask for more..how can I tell them I wont give when its there in my tiffin and I have a tummy like a sparrow...that much is enough for me...lol...and moreover, you only tell to share..
    yes I do but...revise the above lines again...
    Mumma you only say na..helping and sharing is not when I give to someone what is waste for me..its when I give even my useful and wanted stuff to someone who is in more need...
    Oh really?? Baby and how are they in more need than you?? they too bring their tiffins na...
    Yes, but they like mine more..if I dont give them..they wont eat theirs and would remain hungry..and for me half of it is enough, so I dont mind sharing and you know...They come to my seat to see my lunch!!
    Ahha...so thats the reason behind all this...okay so you also share their tiffin..this was all tiffins would be empty and all tummies full and all mummies happy.
    Aaaaannnn....I dont usually like..but I had some poori chana and rice chana one day with a friend of mine :)
    Ok !!

But I keep telling her to praise all tiffins as all mummies do their best :) Share more recipes and ideas mommies for our kids share their tiffins!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
    3 people like this.
  7. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

had to replace the veg tikki burger with something else...I chose dal parantha.
    Spare yellow moong dal cooked at night for dinner was used to knead the dough... I added salt, ajwain, little anardana, little ginger, white pepper(good for eyes), coriander, long thin onion slices and a spoon of malai. Malai keeps the parantha soft even after 4 hrs of it being cooked and packed the same with jam.

LAdies...none of you moms are responding here :-( Please let me know some easy quick recipes for my DD too.

8. Sanchita22

Sanchita22 Silver IL'ite

In her first day I send in her tiffin mitha chilla, some slices of cucumber and carrot and some makhana roasted in ghee.

9. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

hey sanchita..makhna in ghee..is a nice reminder :) and rich in calcium too..thanks for that :)

10. Happy2be

Happy2be Gold IL'ite

is it safe to send cut salad pieces like this in tiffin in summers? in grilled sandwich they are wrapped in batter and get grilled too..I'm not sure..plz let me know...I had doubt that salad kept in same box, may be in different mini box in the tiffin may get dull due to warmth of the main tiffin item and might affect DD's tummy.