1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

what is the rigth age for kids to start writing?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by tanu khurana, Feb 1, 2012.

1. tanu khurana

tanu khurana Bronze IL'ite

my son is 3yr old now...he has been going to play school when he was 2yr 5 months old..Now since two months his teacher has start giving dots, scrolls etc to join them.. but he is not showing interest, either he wants me to hold his hand or he wants do something else.. i tried a lot but its in vain. I think he is too young to be pressurize....... WHAT TO DO?

2. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Give him lots of chalk, ask him to decorate the pavement outside,

give him paper, ask him to make a special card for papa (or a neighbor's child),

put big scroll size paper on the wall at his height and ask him to 'decorate' it...

Hide small toys in a sand box or in his own chapathi dough and ask him to find them,

draw patterns oh his back before he takes a bath-have him draw patterns on your back or your husband's back,

give him chapathi dough-ask him to roll some dough,make snakes with the dough; use the dough to make shapes (whatever he does is fine...target is the process not the product)

Give him different sized crayons (sohe gets to feel the difference) he'll probably go with the thick ones

Do you make pancakes or dose at home? If you do pour some batter into a ketchup bottle and ask him squeeze straight lines, squiggly lines (you'll help him of course) on the tava. If you have one of those electric griddles, you can make dots on the surface and ask him to connect the dots with the batter (squeezing the bottle).

At his age, he will explore with the materials...he doesn't have the motor skills or the attention skills to 'write.'

3. tanu khurana

tanu khurana Bronze IL'ite

thanks teacher for your quick reply.......... i will follow them...