1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

speech therapy needed

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by nuttynanny, Sep 21, 2011.

1. nuttynanny

nuttynanny New IL'ite

My 3 and half year old son is babbling and seldon talks in sentences mis pronounces words for instance says Thome for come.Kindly help

2. priyasudheer

priyasudheer Silver IL'ite

Hi NuttyNanny.

Dont need to worry abt that...be communicative with him.make him to talk much anduse more vocabulary while talking to him. I hope speach therapy is needed when he is not good at your mother tounge. While small kids speaking other langauge they dont know howto pronounce it correctly.
    If he is not able to speak your mother tounge also then meet the doctor . My hubby's frnds kid also suiffered with the same thing as he is not able to talk in his mother tounge too...they took speach therapy now he is speaking good and very good improvement.
    All the Best..
    PriyaSudheer

3. nuttynanny

nuttynanny New IL'ite

Hi,
    Thanks for the immediate reply he even uses " Th" when he speaks in his mother tongue certain words are very clear.He sings rhymes and says some words clearly but doesent communicate when it comes to go to toilet or to go potty.I am out of ideas to train him.

4. priyasudheer

priyasudheer Silver IL'ite

just you can take a step to make him communicative...

Just tell him a story..like once there was a crow and it feel thristy..and after a sentance ask him what did crow feel like that... when u are feeding food tell him mama made rice,dal,ghee for you and ask hime what did mama made for you...like that... and also when ever you are doing any work tell him taht mama is cooking..mama going to bathroom like that so that he can repeat pls avid TV while making him communicative so, that he will very concentrative what you are saying...
    taking him with you while doing pooja tell all the god names..show him a album and names the relationships with him like patti,thatha, appa like that..
    Belive in god and everything will be as you desired have a nice day and bright future to your kid.
    Thanks
    PriyaSudheer.

5. nuttynanny

nuttynanny New IL'ite

Hi,
    Thanks for the useful tip will surely try it.