1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ASSET Exams for class 3

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by sakthi03, Sep 18, 2011.

1. sakthi03

sakthi03 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

My kid is going to write class 3 ASSET exam next month. Can anyone give me some sample questions in maths , english and science.( I want to practice her.)

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

asset site sells you test papers..my kids used the olympiad test paper, regular text books for the same.

3. sakthi03

sakthi03 New IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

Thanks for ur reply. I didnt hear about olympiad b4., I can prepare with that now.

4. sakthi03

sakthi03 New IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

Thanks for ur reply. I didnt hear about olympiad b4., I can prepare with that now.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

you are welcome sakti. check out sof world.. it has some model test papers.

if you are game for it, i have a suggestion tough. let her take this test without preparation.let her just do her regular maths, science and go..the reason, the asset evaluation gives you a break up of her strengths and weakness, which will give you an idea on how to proceed further.

but if you are looking at her performing well, check out the olympiad and talent search exams tests papers..you get books for these.

with education becoming an industry, there are lot of competitive exams at the school level.. fleecing off parents who want to give the best.

just out of curiosity is it a must or optional at your kid's school.

1 person likes this.
  6. Veni77

Veni77 Gold IL'ite

Shanvy / Shakti,

What are these ASSET or IMO tests up to? My son has also enrolled himself into IMO test (Maths)...He didnt prepare anything yet..it was just an optional..since his friend enrolled, he too wanted to do..Generally, he is good at math and also on logical thinking.

I literally have no clues about this exam. So, for even IMO, will they slice and dice the results?

Please share your inputs.

7. sakthi03

sakthi03 New IL'ite

Hi Shanvy and Veni,

Thanks for ur suggestions . It is not must. One of my friend said this is the way we can able to check our kids talent. I am preparing her how to attend the exam (explaining which type of questions they will ask and how to answer) not should perform well. I think my kid doesn't know about the shading in the answer sheet. It is new for her. If she has an idea about that then she can able to perform well.

8. sweth

sweth New IL'ite

[TABLE="width: 797"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: xl64, width: 797"]You can check out for on-line sample and mock test papers. The main advantage is on-line papers is we can check the score, wrong questions and get right answers with description instantly. I am using olympiadhelper for my kid she is in 7th standard, and I felt very easy to make her practice and evaluate answers. Other than this there are many educational websites are also available, books which are provided from the school is not enough for the preparation, just try on-line you will get more sample question papers and information. [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]