1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

guidance on howto--employed parents

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by nicolethomson, Oct 4, 2010.

1. nicolethomson

nicolethomson New IL'ite

hi ,i have 2 sons one is r5yrs & oher is toddler 41/2mnths, we both are employed we are vry afraid to hire a maid to take care of our kids,same as daycare,no support from our elders,

if anyone might have gone through this phase, can you please give us some guidance on "how you overcame from this scenario?"

nic

2. coolidea

coolidea New IL'ite

Hi,

I had gone through this phase early this year and I know its very sad.Hugs to you ..My parents and ILs couldnt stay and I had to chose to resign my job.I had bad experiences with my previous maid.After I resigned, I hired another maid waited for 2 month to see whether my baby is adjusting to maid and then started working again. I'm left with plenty of time with my baby in evening( my maid wld so house chores thn) and I ensure I spend quality time with my DS.

My point here is you can get maids who are good ( though its a long search) so that you need not run to kitchen after work instead can spend time with LO.Now my husband is wrking on shift from noon to late night so that my DS is left alone with maid only for 5 hrs.

This is how I manage :)