1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A LOVE STORY - Episode 7

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

Very touching episode!.

“Kumar, it’s time again to recall your story of seven cows. There’s another twist to the story. You need not have given seven cows to me to marry you, Kumar. "

Dr. Kamla and Dr. Kumar are made for each other.

I became too emotional when I read that Dr. Kumar was praying to God to extend Mr. Krishnamurthi's life so that Arun could see his father alive for the last time. (Being far away from my parents, I always get sad whenever my dad says he is not doing well-- sorry I got little emotional). Got to know more about Mr. Krishnamurthi in this episode, who though a strict father, but was very caring and loving. Mr. Krishnamurthi is the hero of this episode, for all the sacrifices he has made for Arun.
    Dr. Kumar proved again that he is a wonderful human being by sharing the wheel with the driver.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Re: Super!!!

Dear Vashini,
    Thanks for being the very first to open the account. I never planned to make you cry. In fact I cried myself while I was writing this episode and even while I was reading it again to edit it. Kamla is now in trouble, as you will see from the next episode. Kumar already has high regards for Arun. So he takes over now.
    In the olden days we had Raakshasas whose sole occupation was to hurt people. In the modern days people like the Bank Manager in this episode do fill in the role of Rakshasas.
    In those days there were only one or two Rakshaasas in a yuga. So God could take an Avatar to finish them. Now we have more than a dozen in a single street. The only way to finish these Rakshasas is to show love to them.
    you are right Vaashini. Basically people don't love others and that lovelessness manifests in several ways. I remember a cruel story. A person out of enmity gave a false telegram to his cousin saying that his father expired. The man immediately hired a cab and asked the driver to rush to the village. The cab met with an accident and the son died. Imagine the condition of the father when he knew that his son died because somebody gave him a false news of his death.

Hitherto Arun's desires were suppressed by his father. But when he heard about illness he thought of all the good things done by his father. Kumar raised that question only to bring out the good in Krishamurthi. The technique worked well. Kumar's prayers have been answered.

We come to know the value of a person only when we lose him. Fortunately in this case the peace process was complete before Arun's father's death.

thanks Vashini for the fb.
    love,

3. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

My dear SriPa,

You have rightly filled the biiiiiiiiig suspense you created. Worth waiting.

Kumar's reaction to Arun's situation made me say, 'that's Kumar'. I wish at least one Kumar in each and every city so that the whole world is benefitted.

SriPa, you intelligently knitted the threads of the story and presented it as an elegant saree, starting from Part 6.

From this para as I went on I felt arun's father's mentality was kind of not that bad. By the time I finished reading there was a full justification for his behaviour and worries. You made his life meaningful with your words.

This para transformed me, as well, into Usain Bolt to touch the finish line. I couldn't resist reading faster as the scenes were very touching and were creating an expectation about the next scene.

It is no exaggeration to say that this episode is just written for Kumar.

Love,
    Your dear DD.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  4. Hemalata

Hemalata Senior IL'ite

Dear Varalotti sir,
    Good Episode. Yes I couldn't control my tears. The entire episode went at jet speed. Couldn't take my eyes off the PC. Apart from what the others have written, I also liked Kumar's words where he says he would not like to interfere in God's decision to take away a life. It shows his level of maturity on the spiritual side.

Now I can't seem to wait for the next suspense!! Why is Kamla in trouble? One week seems to be too long to wait now!!

Love
    Hema

5. Vidya Arun

Vidya Arun Senior IL'ite

Dear Dear Sridhar

Love is the ability to let go of resentment, Overcome pride and prejudice, vividly see the good in others and embrace yourself and those who love you..Love Dissolves the pain;Banishes the loneliness;Understands the anxieties;Increases the joy;Deepens the spirit........" Wow what an emotional bundle here..'Dhukkam thondaiyai adaichadhu' is the right phrase..

My dear Kumar is becoming my sole role model of how one should be in the life that God has presented to us. His vibrant conversation inside the puja room with Kamla showed his selfless nature and above all potrayed him as a Good HUMAN BEING..He has made perfect justice to the life rendered to him from the paramatma.The way he prepared Kumar for the meetup and on the other hand the way he lightened the weak heart of Krishamurthy,shows you are well versed with these characters. Brilliant Sridhar....

Very Intelligent 'ScreenPlay' is something that kept lingering as i read each part. What impressed me was the new character, Krishnamurthy's cardiac surgeon,who just after seeing Kumar has a mellow on his face....Now there is a emphasis on 'Acharya Devo Bhava'..Sridhar i am reading ALS as a PROSE lesson rather than a Short Story..Too much reading has really spoilt me is all i should say. Now coming to Dear Arun and his self realisation. What a lovable guy and you brought out the best in him Sridhar in this episode. Every word from his mouth touched my heart..and i really mean it. The Love shared between him and Karishnamurthy was very touchy.

There are several wonderful messages that you have imparted in this episode which clearly shows your approach to life and i am really proud(or should i say PRIDE!!!!!) to be acquainted with you through IL.

This episode was eliciting sympathy or should i say tenderness throughout in my mind and my heart is heavy thinking of Arun.

Loved this episode and really waiting for the next.......

Had the effect of reading my favourite Shelly's poems and i mean it Sridhar..

Love
    Vidya

6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Sorry to barge in your space. But I didnt want the good work to go unnoticed. Forgive me for that.

Dear Vidya,

I am sorry that I am replying to you before Sridhar could acknowledge. This fb of yours is really fantabulous dear. You have covered all the apsects so perfectly. It is very difficult to give an fb like this. I can understand the effor you have put in and I appreciate the same.

Thanks dear for making my day ! The phrase you have mentioned dhukam......... is so apt I also had the same feelings. You have beautifully expressed it :hatsoff dear.

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar Sir,

Lovely post…this was an emotionally charged episode ..the hospital scene, the gripping tension was narrated so well that it was almost like one was there experiencing it.

kumar is undoubtedly a great character…I appreciate the way he handled the situation, being such a moral support for Arun…the way he prays to god…(that one cannot interfere with the ways of god, but yes he could surely pray that the father lived till his son saw him…..just loved that thought and should remember that in future….)the way he made aruns father see things the way he should…if only there is one kumar at least in every family….

I was relieved to see the loving bond between father and son and to know that the old man would have died in peace….actually loved the old mans character…he has been such a devoted father and always wanting the best for his son. .glad that arun acknowledges his fathers love for him at the same time admitting that his father knew of no life beyond the bank. there are characters like that.. who are not bad but ignorant of life in general…..

I may not be able to catch all your posts in time sir as I am leaving for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bangalore</st1:place></st1:City> this weekend for three weeks...…hope I get to come online at least to catch this serial…loved the way it is going…

Love
    Mindi

8. varalotti

Dear Brindha,
    Yes, it was a very emotional episode and I felt heavy writing it. But the predominant emotion was love -whether it was Arun's for his Dad, Kumar's for Arun and his father or Kamla's for Kumar. The tears we shed out of love is a powerful disinfectant. It kills all disease-creating germs of the heart.

Love is common, Brindha. Only those who have between themselves can have it for others. I read it in a book. It's an advice to young girls. The author says that if your lover is very soft and kind to you but is very rude to the waiter, then your lover is not a kind man. Dump him as early as possible.

Between Arun and his father, there has always been real love. But it was masked by so many other feelings. K's illness removed the outer layers showing only pure, tender love he had for his only son.

I know a dozen people like the Bank Manager. But for the timely intervention of Kumar the damage done by the BM would have been muchmore.

Thanks, Brindha.

As of now even I can't guess. I am busy with my new book now. Writing the preface, the back-cover matter etc. Looks like the next episode will be delayed. I am giving my everything to see that it appears on time. But if it is still delayed please bear with me.
    Thanks for the nice words, Brindha, which spur me into action every time.

Thanks once again, Brindha.
    love,

9. sonasanju

sonasanju Silver IL'ite

Ahhaa...sridhar .....Enna oru super episode....
    the reunion of Arun and his father is described wonderfully.......
    The story is moving to the next level with a question in the reader's mind..."wat next???"
    Was elated that arun's father was able to meet Arun before he died and clearoff all the misunderstandings.. but sadly his father is no more now
    Even though his father had suppressed Arun's desires, Arun spelled all good words about him to Dr.Kumar...Arun is really a very nice person....

So sridhar, eppo next episode posting????
    Eagerly waiting

Cheers
    Sona

10. varalotti

Dear Lalitha,
    This is not my space and you are not barging in. In fact I will have to thank you for the good work done by you in immediately acknowledging Vidya's excellent fb.
    Aren't you my ba?
    Thanks, Lalitha. Thanks a lot.
    love,