People who have returned back please mark your attendance!!!

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by Shanvy, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi friends,

Just curious, I do see a lot of people visiting this forum..how many of you have returned back..if you have returned back..can you share your experience with us.

1. where you returned from.
    2. when did you return..
    3. where are you settled
    4. is it your hometown.
    5. how well have you adjusted as a family
    6. did you return with a job (if working), if so how do you like working in india
    7. how is to come back and be part of the extended family if you are not living in a joint family.
    8. how old are your kids if you have kids and how do they like india/or the place you are back to.
    9. Are you happy with the decision of returning back. if no what is the issue??

I know it feels a lot of questions:hide:..but by answering them you are definitely going to help somebody who is on pendulum weighing the pros and cons, and wondering about how it is going to be..though your experience may not be what they are going to experience, at least it will give them a baseline to think from..:thumbsup

I know there are a few of you who have returned back..:hiya

5 people like this.

2. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

shanvy,
    I mostly have positive feedback for your questions.
    Shanvy,
    Let me know if you need me to elaborate more on any of your questions.

1 person likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

congrats on the smooth sail hridhaya..

and that is one positive feedback here. and do drop in here if somebody has any queries..

thanks a bunch for marking your attendance...:cheers

4. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

Shavny,
    nice thread !may be in future its going to help me too:)
    Rgds

5. Mathu

Mathu Senior IL'ite

Here is my attendance note...

1. where you returned from.
    From Riyadh,Saudi arabia.

2. when did you return..
    End of May 2011.

3. where are you settled
    Chennai

4. is it your hometown.
    Kind of.We used to live here for 2 years before moving to Riyadh in 2006.

5. how well have you adjusted as a family
    Kids adjusted very well.Me still staggering around because the house is still not settled here.Hubby dear is still living out 4 weeks in the middle-east and 2 weeks here in his new job.So it is a bit tough but managing so far and hoping for better life after the teething time....

6. did you return with a job (if working), if so how do you like working in india
    I have never worked after my wedding.But thinking of getting into a business in a few years time...

7. how is to come back and be part of the extended family if you are not living in a joint family.
    We were living in a joint family with in-laws, before moving to Riyadh.That was unfortunately not a great experience.So am happy to stay on our own and visit them on weekends now.This set up works better...

8. how old are your kids if you have kids and how do they like india/or the place you are back to.
    Elder one is four & half and the second twins are 3.They are extremely liking this place,the school,thatha,paati everything about it.But still thinking we will go back to Riyadh after some time ;)

9. Are you happy with the decision of returning back. if no what is the issue??
    Too early to say if we are happy or not.But we definitely don't regret the decision.It is a very informed choice from our side and we have been chewing and digesting this idea for quite some time before really taking the plunge.

IF this is of any help to someone out here,am happy about it.

6. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanti, My keyboard is giving me a tough time. So my answers are either one word/one liner. Please do not mind.

1. From <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Bahrain</st1:place></st1:country-region>
    2. 13<SUP>th</SUP> October 2011
    3. Yercaud
    4. No, not my native town.
    5. So far so good.
    6. Retired
    7. Good to be back
    8. N/A
    9. Very happy.

7. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

I am hoping for all this one day, currently in USA and long to get back to India

1 person likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hridaya dear so sweet of you. there is so much positivity in your feedback. Great going and touchwood on the family bonding. i believe either party should be willing to take the foot forward for that. i am sure you are all doing a great job.

and you also prove my belief that kids are the most resilient, and it is the parents who are always worrying so much.

Noise is something we learn to live and there arrives a day when the complete silence when there is a power cut that is too eerie..have you experienced it.. now i know you are going to be very prompt here.

Thanks for the prompt attendance..

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Welcome back to india mathu.
    i
    welcome to singara chennai.do you see any difference in you perspective to what you saw during vacation and what you see now when you are living..

Aha..now why don't i find it surprising at all. the kids do surprise us by adjusting..and the problems arise a little with teenage kids but even that can be sorted with a good communication and understanding is my view point. i know what you are saying about the teething problems and handling the home front single handedly..it is 5 years and i am still doing that.

Now, i am sure i am looking at a future business woman, with all the enterprising and planning skills that you have learnt while managing your kids and life, you will do well..all the best.

.being closer from a distance works sweetly right. i

oh. i know what you mean by going back queries. my son still asks sometimes wouldn't it be better going back..

I wish you don't in the future..thought we will have a few problems like running from post to pillar for things to be done..we will settle better and yes chewing on the idea and discussing helps a lot.
    I am sure it is going to be useful.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Oh sudha, your attendance matters, and i know when things are better and you have settled you will come back with your views. and it is good to see two gulf returnees, in the place..usually i see more of us and europe.

I will be inviting myself to your place once you settle. good to have you back..and i wish you and k to have the best and peaceful years ahead.

1 person likes this.