European girl wants to travel to Thirumanancheri Temple...

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by AustrianGirl, May 31, 2010.

1. AustrianGirl

AustrianGirl New IL'ite

Hello!

Well... I'm not exactly Indian, but I still hope to get some help here... :)

I'm originally from Austria, Europe and now I'm living in England. I will soon celebrate my 26th birthday and I'm still single and so far, there is no suitable man in sight...

Now I heard about this famous temple in India - Thirumanancheri - in Tamil Nadu, I think near the town Kumbakonam. I heard that if you go there, perform puja and pray, that you get help in finding a nice and suitable man to marry.

The problem is: I am not hindu, but I still believe in deities and I'm sure if you believe that your wish might come true.

My question now is: how do I get to this temple? And will people be offended if a European woman, who is not a hindu, enters the temple?
    And there is the actual way there - I know I can go to Chennai first by plane, but then? Are there trains from Chennai to Kumbakonam, or is it more advisable to take a bus or a private taxi? I also found out that travelling in some parts of India might be difficult because you have to get a visa or an official permission for some parts... Any advice on this?
    And what about accommodation? Are there any hotels in Kumbakonam, or would it be better to stay somewhere else?

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Jenny

2. jayanaresh

jayanaresh Bronze IL'ite

hi
    Welcome to Thirumanancheri Temple.

Well take a flight to chennnai. Then take domestic flight like Indian airlines / jet airways / paramount airways / spicejet / alliance air to Thiruchirapalli ( TRICHY in short ) airport.

Trichy have lots for star hotels and it is famous for MALAI KOTTAI ( Mountain temple). You can visit that also.

Then take train ( Indian railways - <CITE>www.indianrail.gov.in) from trichy to Mayiladuthurai. From there take a taxi ( Rs.200 to 300 but for foreigners RS.2000) and visit the temple and come back. </CITE>
    <CITE>No star hotels in Mayiladuthurai, but there are some hotels and lodges but be always be careful where you stay.</CITE>
    <CITE></CITE>
    <CITE>BE CAREFUL WHEN U R ALONE IN INDIA. </CITE>
    <CITE></CITE>
    <CITE>try and visit the famous Mother mary church in VELANKANNI it is close to Mayiladuthurai (by bus - 3 hours ).</CITE>
    <CITE></CITE>
    <CITE>have a safe stay.</CITE>
    <CITE>regards</CITE>
    <CITE>Mrs. N.</CITE>
    <CITE></CITE>
    <CITE></CITE>

3. AustrianGirl

AustrianGirl New IL'ite

Hey thank you for the quick answer!

I'm not travelling alone - I hopefully will be in a group with at least 2 other girls and 2 men... :)

4. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Hai Sister,

Welcome to the IL Family.

Thirumanancheri, located in TAMILNADU, southern India is about 6 Kms from Kuttalam, about 26 Kms from Kumbakonam on the road to Mayiladudurai and 100 kms from Thiruchirapalli (shortly called as TRICHY)

It is firmly believed even today that those men and women whose marriages are getting delayed due to various circustances, will soon get married if they come to this Sthalam and worhsip God Shiva. Manmadhan is believed to have worshipped God Shiva at this sthalam. The shrine of Thirumananjeri is closely associated with legends that tell the story of Shiva's marriage to Parvati.

The temple is crowded at all times of the year, showing the importance of marriage in our community. One is supposed to offer special prayers to the lord, after which we are given the garlands worn by the god and goddess. We are supposed to keep this carefully till we get married, and then after the marriage, come back to the temple with one’s spouse, wearing the same garlands, and once again offer prayers as thanksgiving.

It is advisable you fly to Chennai and then fly to Trichy (tiruchirappalli ) stay in Trichy and take a CAB to Thirumanencheri (about 2 hrs travel ) leave as early as 6am, pray and get back the same day.

NO separate Visa is required to Travel within India your VISA TO INDIA FROM EUROPE is sufficient, Regarding Accommodation will update you soon

any more queries, please feel free to post.

HAPPY TRAVELLING TO INDIA.

JAI SAIRAM

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  5. vinaa

vinaa New IL'ite

I appreciate your belief in Hinduism. With this belief itself - you will get married soon.

I might be repeating the same informations posted above by other ILs.

Thirumanancheri - a small village, where this temple is located. It is in India (southern part), Tamil Nadu State, near Kumbakonam.

Lord Name (God) : Kalyana Sundareswarar (lord Siva)
    Goddesss Name : Kokilambal (lord Parvathi)

Temple Time : 6.00am - 12.00 noon & 3.00pm - 8.00pm

Pooja's performed every 1 hour between 8.00am & 6.00pm. (12.30pm - 2.30 pm --> Lunch time). It is open on all days. Usually - Sunday will be crowded.

Temple contact phone : +91-4364-235002

Nearest City Airport to be landed -- Trichy (Airport Code : TRZ).

You can stay in Trichy itself (as good hotels are there) and take a taxi / cab, which can be arranged by the hotel reception and leave from there in early morning would say around 6am. You would be reaching Tirumanancheri around 9am. (Though the distance is around 150+ km).

You have both A/C or without A/C cars. Try to negotiate good rates for Cab/Taxi - estimate of
    Rs.5/- to Rs.10/- per km. Try to negotiate through Hotel staff itself.

It is on the way from Trichy to Mayiladuthurai ( otherwise called as Maayavaram ). Before you reach Mayiladuthrai ( i.e. 20 - 30 km before), there is a place called Kuthalam, from there it is just 6 km.

Hotel Royal Southern - This is near the Airport - 3 star business class - good hotel.

Other Recommended Hotels in Trichy - Breeze Residency, Jenney's Residency, Sangam Hotel, Femina Hotel, GajaPriya Hotel, Abbirami Hotel.

You can google for searching with this key word = '"Hotels in Trichy"", which gives you all details.

Food : You will not get European food. So better, before you leave from Trichy Hotel, take some bread & juice with you for breakfast & lunch.

VISA : India visa is sufficient. No special permission required

European Girl can do this pooja - I am not very clear on this. May be you can call & check with temple authorities. However, your belief itself - you will get married soon.

NOTE:

1. Chennai (Madras) Anna International Airport code = MAA
    2. Tiruchchirapalli International Airport code = TRZ
    3. Trichy / Tiruchi / Tiruchirappalli (all are the same )
    4. Mayiladuthurai / Mayavaram

Thanks,
    Vinaa

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  6. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear European Sister,

My sister Vinaa ji has posted the Accommodation information which is just enough for your to decide.

TRichy you will get Western Breakfast and as she has suggested please carry some Bread, Fruits, Juices for your travel to the temple and back.

I also concur with her views that the THOUGHT of doing the POOJA itself is great and you will soon spot your better half and get settled

MAY THE ALMIGHTY BLESS YOU IN ABUNDANCE

Thanks
    OM SAIRAM

7. mahabaskaran

mahabaskaran New IL'ite

hai jenny,

even i also share the same information abt thirumananjeri. upto chennai air travel is must. but after that its very easy to get a train from chennai to kumbakonam. in chennai 8.20 am thiruchirappali express starts from place called egmore a railway station. you can reach kumbakonam around 3 pm in noon.

In kumbakonam the accomadation available in IYYENGAR GUEST HOUSE SITUATED IN PACHAIYAPPA STREET. ITS A FURNISHED APARTMENT. RENT PER DAY Rs.1000. Even the guest house give the details about the cab and food.

thirumananjeri is 40 kms from kumbakonam. each and every day poojas performed by the priest for marriage.

i give u a suggestion about some temples those are also for popular for marriage purpose.

thirusakthimutram near to pattiswaram durga temple.

thiruveelimazhai mappilai swamy

regards,

8. Vimmala

Vimmala Senior IL'ite

Please Contact Mr.Rajarajan cell 00919790083986 Tell him that you are referred by Ramachandran Vedic Scholar. He will take you around the temple. and show you deity and do the poojas and explain

9. vaishali28

vaishali28 New IL'ite

I am planing to visit thirumanancheri temple in May, i dont know tamil language can anyone help me and give contact number of any preist who can help me in performing pooja .