Photos of deities

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by vivbass, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Very nice Chitraji. Thank you. I am here in Chennai itself. But I don't know about this temple. I will ask the route through someone and visit the temple surely.

2. gowthamanappu

gowthamanappu Bronze IL'ite

I was in Mylapore and know this famous temple. the address is

Pattu Kolavizhi amman temple, 2/3 Thiruvika Road, 1st Street, Mylapore ( near Sanskrit College)
    Chennai-600004.

3. gowthamanappu

Malliyoor Sree MahaGanapathy Temple - Kottayam district –25 kms from Kottayam – 60 kms from Cochin- Kerala – India.

RARE GANAPATHI TEMPLE WHERE YOU WILL SEE LORD KRISHNA ON GANESHA’S LAP!!!

Lord Ganesha IS Parabrahma, The remover of obstacles, the god of wisdom and learning, is worshipped first and considered to be first inline among all Gods,

Have you heard of Vaishnava Ganapathy; here in this temple you can see Lord Krishna sitting on the lap of Lord Ganesha. Very powerful deity and devotees flock from near and far to seek salvation from the bonds of Karma.

The Lord is referred as Beeja Ganapathi, trunk towards the right with a lemon on its tip, axe, rope, horn and laddu on his hands, cradling Lord Krishna on his lap. Wonderful awe-inspiring sight! Lot of Specific Special pooojas are done in this temple, for the betterment of devotees.

Mukkutti Pushpanjali being done for immediate relief from any troubles and solutions to any problems. Ayiram kudam Jala abhishekam to overcome any hindrance including elimination of troubles that prevents us from starting on a spiritual path or business. Thadi Neivedhyam to obtain relief from any illness. Pazhamaala to get out of all obstacles and facilitation to marriage. Paal Payasam to get sath puthra and for prosperity. Chathurhiyootu is done to propitiate ancestral spirits and for poorva janma dosha parikaram. Full day pooja to remove all obstacles and obtain the grace of Ganesha. Udayasthamana pooja for the family’s total well being.

Ashta Diraviya Ganapathi homam which is done only on Ganesha chathurthi day, once a year, to ward off all evils and to get abundant blessings.

This place is between Ettumanoor and kaduthuruthi. If you get a chance to go to Ernakulam/Cochin/Kaaladi/Vaikom/Kottayam/Chottanikarai. Do not miss to visit this exclusive rare temple.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Om Gum Ganapatayei Namaha! / chitra.g

Source: malliyur temple sthala puranam by devasthanam.

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  4. bhuvan16

bhuvan16 Senior IL'ite

Dear chitraji,

I have a Bairvar photo with his friend ( dog) alone in my pooja room, is it ok I can keep this picutre. Please advise.

Regards,

Bhuvan

5. gowthamanappu

No harm.

The Kala Bhairava murti is always shown with a dog, because the dog is the Vedic symbol of dharma; the natural order of life. In one of his right hands, you see Shiva's trident. Shiva also called as Kala Bhairava who, among other things, controls the passage of time.

all the best/chitra.g

6. Muthuraji

Dear Chtiraji

Very nice and rare photo of this Ganapathy with Krishna on his lap. Very very nice. Thank you for sharing with us.

7. Muthuraji

Thank you Chitraji for giving me the address and location of the Kola Vizhi Amman Temple.

8. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

ATTU KOLAVIZHI AMMAN TEMPLE picture and details are nice. new information and photo of sree ganapathi with kirshna.

raji

9. bhuvan16

bhuvan16 Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra G,

I wanted to do Hanumar Sadhana for 5 days, before that let me be clear with you all the details >

MY RESTRICTIONS :

1) I WILL BE VEGETARIAN AND BRAHMACHARIAM VIRTHAM FOR 2 MONTHS.

2) I WILL NOT HAVE GARLIC / ONION / for five days AND HEAD BATH FOR 5 DAYS.

3) AFTER THE 5 DAYS CAN I HAVE NORMAL VEGETARIAN FOOD.

4) TILL TWO MONTHS WILL BE WEARING THE RING AND WILL CHANT HANUMN CHALISA.

5) I WILL NOT SLEEP IN THE MATTRESS.

6) CAN I DO THIS IN THE EVENING PEACEFULLY OR IF IT IS A MUST NOT A PROBLEM I DON''T MIND EVEN GETTING UP AT 3:3O IN THE MORNING TO DO THIS SADHANA.

POOJA METHOD.

Wear red robes and sit facing South on a red mat in Veerasan (as Muslims sit for prayers). Cover a wooden seat with vermilion and on it place a picture of the Lord. In a copper plate place the ring and other pooja materials. Next take some water in your right palm and vow thus - I (speak---- your name) accomplish this Sadhana for fulfillment of this task.

Cover with vermillion and after pooja what to do with the vermillion ???

Should I change the vermillion every day or can I leave it for 5 days continously.

Can I use small wooden plate and keep the plate with the ring down to it.

Please help me. Because with your guidance I have completed 12 days Ganesh pooja two times and good results. So I don''t want to wait anymore, again with your wishes I want to do this Sadhana to get our Hanumar blessing also.

REgards,

Bhuvan

10. gowthamanappu

you have written, i will not take bath for five days? will or will not? vegetarian minus garlic/onion preferred for the whole period of the sadhana. I had sent to you why no garlic/onion article, did you read? morning preferred, but you can choose convenient time. vermillon let it continue, and do with what is available. all the best for your sadhana. reply.

chitra.g

go through the details of hanuman tail pooja!/check poojas/prayers/slokhas/hanuman pooja for the details of jayamangala hanuman tail pooja./page 16

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009