Harivansh Puran

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by P~S, Jan 12, 2009.

1. P~S

P~S New IL'ite

hello!!
    can anyone please tell me where I can get the book or audio online for 'Harivansh Puran' as I have heard that listening to the Harivansh Puran for 9 consequetive days will help for having children.
    Also are there any other rules regarding that this verse can not be read aloud or certain stanzas cannot be read by a lady etc.?

2. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  3. harih

harih Silver IL'ite

Dear PS,

If you can read Sanskrit, I suggest you buy the Harivamsa Purana published by Gita Press, Gorakhpur. It'll be available in all shops of Giri Trading Co.

What you have mentioned about the Harivamsa Purana is very true. Specifically, there is the Santana Gopala Stotram and Mantram which needs to be chanted as per the Vidhi mentioned in the book. This is particularly suited to get a male progeny, as glorious as Bhagavan Sri Krishna.

If you would prefer to have a daughter, it is advised to chant the AArya Stuti in the same work. This is to get a daughter as glorious as the sister of Sri Krishna, who when Kamsa tried to kill her, jumped away and appeared in divine form to inform him that his enemy was born elsewhere.

Harivamsha is considered as the Khila Bhaga (addendum) to the Mahabharata. There is no rule that women are barred from reciting it.

Regards
    Hari

4. vgetin

vgetin New IL'ite

Dear Hari:
    Is there any audio available on harivamsa purana?

5. harih

harih Silver IL'ite

Hi,

No, I don't know about the availability of audio version. I also seriously doubt whether one exists, since even the text itself was rare to get until recently and there are multiple rescensions.

Regards
    Hari

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  6. Victoryman

Victoryman Senior IL'ite

Do u have any idea,if there is ebook available online.

7. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

^ please refer to the wikipedia link given in post #2 and see also this . Thanks

8. Victoryman

Victoryman Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the link.........

9. kaljiju12

kaljiju12 New IL'ite

Hi PS

I am in similar situation, were you able to find the Book, can you give me the name of the author and did it work for you? Please advice.

Also is the book in sanskrit only? can it be in hindi or gujarati or english? Do you know any insight to it?

thanks in advance.
    kal.

10. kamp_kamp

kamp_kamp New IL'ite

Hi,

Order the book from gita press as it is both in hindi and sanskrit . u can book online i have recently ordered it got it within 10 days.

1 person likes this.