Plz advice me on the Shirdi trip

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by aratisajjan, Apr 23, 2014.

1. aratisajjan

aratisajjan Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

I am planning to visit shirdi and I have never visited shirdi before. I want to seek baba's blessings. I stay in Bangalore and I checked there are couple of trains running to Shirdi and I don't have tickets till June 25. So I am planning to book ticket for Jun last week or July first week.

Please answer my queries below:
    1: I heard Thursdays there will be too much crowd, so is it ok if I visit baba on weekends or as this is my first time, should I opt for Thursday visit only?

2: Is it necessary to prebook darshan and Aarti slot? If so should I just book for Aarti as I will get darshan also along with that?

3: Should we stay there overnight and leave for Bangalore next day if there are any other places to visit?

4: I need sacred Udi, from where shall I get it in Bangalore? will they give in any Sai temple?

1 person likes this.

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

3. aratisajjan

Thank you Bhargavi for the link. I went through it. I am still in need of answers for my questions 1,2 and 4.
    If anyone who visited Shirdi please advice me on this.

4. Bestmom

Bestmom Silver IL'ite

Dear aarti,

I once visited shridi on thursday. .as u said it waa really
    crowded..we waited in queue for more than 2 hrs..I guess
    u can select other weekdays, as v travelled from pune...it was
    a one day trip. .its better to stay for a day to avoid tiredness
    happy darshan
    regards,
    Bestmom

5. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Any Sai temple with Dhuni can give you UDHI, Check for my threads I have also written about Sayee temples in Bangalore.

Thanks, Hope you would wait for my replies till tomorrow.

SAIRAM

1 person likes this.
  6. aratisajjan

Thank you Bestmom, If I prebook the darshan online before i go , will it be ok to go on Thursday?

7. aratisajjan

Thank you so much Saishakthi:). Of course I can wait for your answers. I have a silly doubt, pardon me. if I book for Aarti, wont I get to have darshan also along with that? So was wondering what is the significance of booking both.

8. aratisajjan

Hi, anyone could please reply to my query on Shirdi trip..

I have to book my tickets today and please inform me if I have to book both Aarti and Darshan ..Because i am bit confused as in if we book for Arti we should get darshan along with it right?

Please please answer my query. May baba bless you.

9. chkalyani

chkalyani Gold IL'ite

If you book ticket for Aarti, you need not separately book a ticket for darshan as the devotees who visit the Aarti will be made to sit in the Samadhi Mandir in front of the Sai idol and you can have the darshan of Sai after the arti. However, if you wish to have a separate darshan, then you can book the same but not necessary with the Aarti ticket.

There are aartis 4 times a day
    Kakad Aarti early in the morning at around 4.30 which is the most important and heavily crowded one and for which you need to be in the line from 3.30 or 4.00 in the morning depending on the crowd of visitors.

Next aarti is at 12 noon known as the madhyanna aarti and arti at 6 p.m in the evening known as Dhoop arti and these are not much crowded.

The last one is at 10 .30 p.m in the night known as Sej arti which is once again heavily crowded and you need to be in the line by 8.30 or 9 in the night.

You can go for any one of the artis, however as you are visiting for the 1st time, I would suggest you to go for early morning aarti which takes you to a different world of spiritual and bhakti.

For these aartis, usually ladies and gents have to go in separate lines and are made to sit separately. So make sure with the male members of your family to meet at a specific point after you come out of aarti.

Wish you happy darshan. May Sai bless you and your family. Hope this answer serves your purpose.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
    2 people like this.
  10. aratisajjan

Thank you so much Kalyani..I was wondering will they allow to take blessing from sai if we just book for Aarti.

Thank you again. May sai bless you.