A story how we see god

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by luckysangeetha, Sep 17, 2013.

1. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

JUST SAW THEM ON NET AND WANTED TO SHARE WITH YOU GIRLS

A small story to explain what is "E kam S ad Vipra Bahudha Vedanti"::--

Once three teen age first cousins who are children of brother and sisters were arguing about religion and beliefs. One was a staunch Vaishanvaite, one was a staunch Shaivite and the third one was leaning more towards the Shaaktheya group (worshippers of Shakthi as Supreme). Of course we can imagine how the argument went on with fierce comments from each one of them. Then their wise grand father with one of his daughters came there and asked them to calm down.

Grand father called the first one (say) Ramu and asked him: "Ramu, who is this woman?" Ramu said: "Granfather, what kind of question is this? She is my mother."...

Then he called Shyamu, the second one, and asked who was the woman standing near him. Shyamu said: "Grandpa, she is my aunt."

Then he called Kannan, the third one and asked the same question. Kannan said: "She is my mother's elder sister." (it can be periyamma, perassi amma, valliamma etc).

Then he himself said "Also she is my daughter, my son-in-law's wife, my son's sister"

Then he said: Dear children, the same person takes different roles as wife, daughter, aunt, mother, sister etc etc. Like wise, Lord is Vishnu or Krishna to some people, He is Shiva to some, Devi to others and several other forms to so many others. I did not see you fighting about what you call my daughter. Why do you argue about Lord who gave you the power to think, argue and love? Competition should be for how fast you can erase these narrow minded thoughts about God. Read and internalize our scriptures where it clearly says: ekam sad vipra: bahudha vadanti or There is only one truth or one alone exists, the scholars explain it in various ways. Either you read and understand the truth in our original scriptures or try to read and understand what the seers, devotees and intellectuals wrote about it with examples and in simple language. Remove all your "isms" and "ites" from your mind
    and you will become better individuals."

He continued : Children, Be careful that "ites" not become "itis" meaning inflammation and when that happens, please take the strong antibiotics called sincere love of your Ishtadevatha or God (or ananya Bhakthi) along with the cool milk of tolerance to cure the inflammation of the mind called Vaishnavitis, Shaivaitis, shaakthitis etc etc. Let everybody see their Ishtadevatha in the form that appeals to them."

Let each one of our Ishtadevatha make our mind inflammation- free and fill it with Bhakthi and Bhaavam!See More

sindmani, boppy, sumalynux and 11 others like this.

2. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Good one sangee. But still can see various talks going on between vaishnavaites and shaivites.both never get along . I really wish that they understand this concept that God is one and is called in a different names by different people .

2 people like this.
  3. luckysangeetha

Luck waves,

At the end of the day its the divine power we need to see it as rather than vaishanvites and shaivites...... waste of time

4. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Good story and writeup Sangeetha

5. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Neatly explained, thanks for sharing.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Good one, thanks for sharing Sangeeta dar

7. bhuvisrini

bhuvisrini Gold IL'ite

Good Story luckysangeetha. Thanks for sharing :clap

8. luckysangeetha

9. dave08

dave08 New IL'ite

Because both of these sects have stories from the scriptures stating the one is better than the other.

10. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

good one & same can be said to people of differnt religion...........Shiv,Allaha or Jesus is the name different religions give to one supreme being who is GOD.