Misconception or Presumption ? (Beware:It is related to Islam)

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Yumna, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Eraser

Eraser Silver IL'ite

Why worry if my neighbour follows law or not? Do I follow? That's objective than saying because others are not following, I don't follow either.

2. Coolchap

Coolchap New IL'ite

Its not faith that imp, its the religious laws in Constitution which are applicable to them which is imp.

3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,

Guess it is getting diverted in different perspectives, keeping in mind that this is a Public forum common to all, Thanks for your understanding.

4. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

My point is that any form of religious extremism is worse and that all religions have a dark side - targeting a particular religion does not make sense to me. This is an example of taking things out of context. The above was my response to someone who just said that only Islamic laws are detrimental to women and this was just my answer to that. I did not say it is an ideal situation.

5. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

6. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Arch- I am sorry I did not remember when this happened but I remember reading about this a long time ago. I dont care who commits violence as I deplore it equally. I will be equally crtical to call out stupid practices or beliefs in my religion and there are many- no excuses there. I have no sympathy for VHP or Shiv Sena or Bajran Dal, RSS or any such outfits. To me they are terrorist too always inciting violence.In fact violence is their bread and butter.

Contesting for election by criminals is nothing new in India. When I point that out, I will be called a India basher by some but that is a fact of Indian politics.

I saw this morning on TV that the Boston attacker's mother (who is suppposedly very pious but was caught shop lifting for clothes a year or so ago) denying she is a terrorist but admitting she spoke about jihad with her sons. So how is not religious based terror attack?

Anyway, I did not want to participate in this religion bashing and waited for someone to call out on the crap posted by poster enlighten but no one did. It hurt my feelings as a woman so I had to call him out on that and clarify my position.

7. Coolchap

Coolchap New IL'ite

Please dont waste your time. You cant speak to women who give more importance to religion over self and her future. Its rational for islamic men to support it, as they are in advantageous position , but its completely stupidity and foolish on the part of Islamic women to support it. of course its their choice. sadly few months back i have come across a guy who is around 48 years of age having 2 teengae kids even said islam is more important than kids and family. Its was a shock to me.

check this article that i got from google search.

http://www.islam-watch.org/authors/...e-curse-of-islamic-polygamy-easy-divorce.html

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  8. Eraser

Eraser Silver IL'ite

There could be instances of extremism by some following Hinduism, christianity or jewism also, but no religious leader of those community cry like "don't associate our religion with such act etc"., but here pardon religious leader even a common individual muslim creates a huge hype and try to defend?

No other religion wants to defend as much as islam does. Haven't we seen across all available public forum - be it in TV, internet discussion forums or any media. Why so much of propoganda / cry if truly everything is as clean as rain water.

1 person likes this.
  9. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

If you go back and read Guyguy's post what you have described is what he wants. He is actually saying that Islamic leaders need to come out and distance themself from the terror attacks. That is what is expected from Muslim leaders....

10. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Sorry to break the news to you. I am not Muslim and am not an expert on the religion, just that I don't like bashing other religions when my own has several loopholes.