Short stories from indian epics

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by sumaramesh, Oct 10, 2012.

1. sumaramesh

sumaramesh New IL'ite

Thanks Sindhurak...

2. sumaramesh

sumaramesh New IL'ite

Welcome Vsharma..
    Glad that you learnt new information...

3. sumaramesh

sumaramesh New IL'ite

GOWRI AVATAR AS SATI- DAKSHAYINI

Sati is considered as first wife of Lord shiva. Sati was born as human being, and as daughter of King
    Daksha Prajapati and queen Prasuti. From childhood Sati develops love and Bhakti over lord shiva.
    And starts praying to get Lord shiva as her husband..

<table class="tr-caption-container" style="margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; text-align: center;" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody> <tr><td style="text-align: center;">[​IMG]</td></tr> <tr><td class="tr-caption" style="text-align: center;">Sati Praying to Lord Shiva</td><td class="tr-caption" style="text-align: center;">
    </td><td class="tr-caption" style="text-align: center;">
    </td></tr> </tbody></table>
    Daksha does not approve of this and wants to marry of his daughter to Rich Kings... Sati then peforms severe penance and lord shiva bless her and promise to marry her...

<table class="tr-caption-container" style="margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; text-align: center;" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody> <tr><td style="text-align: center;">[​IMG]</td></tr> <tr><td class="tr-caption" style="text-align: center;">Sati and Shiva marriage.</td></tr> </tbody></table>

Daksha will get his daughter married to Lord shiva against his wishes..Once Dakshaorganized a grand Yagna to which all the gods were invited, with the exception of Sati and Shiva. Sati wanted to visit and tries to convince shiva that Daksha dint invite them, as they are family and she needs
    no invitation to visit her parents, however unwillingly shiva will send only Sati to the Yagna.

Here at the Yagna, Daksha wont welcome his daughter and starts insulting Lord shiva, Sati could not
    bare Shiva Ninde (Abuse to Shiva) and regrets for not listening to shiva's words to not come here..
    She immediately jumps into the Fire prepared for the Yagna, as a punishment to not following
    shiva's words and was reason of shiva Ninde...

<table class="tr-caption-container" style="margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; text-align: center;" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody> <tr><td style="text-align: center;">[​IMG]</td></tr> <tr><td class="tr-caption" style="text-align: center;">Daksha's Yagna..</td></tr> </tbody></table>

This news reaches to Lord shiva, and Shiva fumes and creates Veerabhadra, an Amsha(Part)
    of shiva itself.. Veerbhadra reaches yagna place, and kills everybody destroys Yagna, and carries
    Sati's body to Lord Shiva..

[​IMG]

Lord shiva struck with grief, carries Sati's bodies on his shoulders and performs Shiva Tandava, to this force of Shiva's dance, Sati's body is ripped and falls on 51 places.. Later this 51 places turned to Piligrimage center forming Shaki Peetas.Later Lord Vishnu Pacifies Lord shiva and says Sati will be again born as Parvati, who will again Marry Lord shiva.....

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

wow.. that was a very great effort sumaramesh.. thanks for sharing such a wonderful stories to all of us.. really very useful to know our epics..

5. veenaruban

veenaruban Silver IL'ite

6. sumaramesh

sumaramesh New IL'ite

Thanks deepa.. I love to read/learn about Our epic..
    This is a small effort to share what i have learnt...

7. sumaramesh

sumaramesh New IL'ite

Thanks Veenaruban

8. bhuvisrini

bhuvisrini Gold IL'ite

I love to read Indian epics short stories. This is very interesting for me to read it again. You have narrated it nicely. Your writing skill is wonderful I just using wordweb to find the exact meaning of the phrases in the stories. Its interesting for me to learn more words :). Thanks for sharing.

1 person likes this.
  9. sumaramesh

sumaramesh New IL'ite

Thanks a lot for so much appreciation.. Glad that you liked it....

10. sumaramesh

sumaramesh New IL'ite

ADI PARA SHAKTI ( CREATOR OF ALL GODS AND UNIVERSE)

shakti.jpg

Adi Parashakti is the Supreme Being. The Devi Bhagwata Mahapurana suggests that Adi Parashakti is the original creator, observer and destroyer of whole universe. Parvathi, the goddess of power is considered as her Sagun Swaroop. Adi Parashakti means "The Eternally Limitless Power".

In the Begining of universe, Adi Para Shakti created 3 Masculine form of herself, called Brahma, vishnu and shiva And assigned, Brahma for srishti (To create) and Vishnu for Sthithi (Maintanence) and Shiva for Laya (dissolution).. and Vanished. Shiva,Brahma,Vishnu was not sure how to continue with above tasks and prayed Adi para shakti to show them direction to continue there tasks..And below is the form of Adi Shakti seen by them..

Satyaloka was located in her forehead; the created universe were her hairs; the sun and moon were her eyes; in her ears were the 4 directions the Vedas were her words; death, affection and emotion were her teeth; maya was manifested by her smile. This appearance revealed that all gods and goddesses, including the trimurti (Shiva,Vishnu,Bramha) and tridevi(Parvathi,Lakshmi,Sarasvathi), are merely her various forms.

Then Adi para shakti told them, Dear Shiva,Brahma and vishnu, i have given you 3 all powers, i am you, and you 3 are my forms, there is no difference between you and me, i am within all three of you, I am with Shiva as Parvathi, and as Lakshmi with Vishnu and as Sarasvathi with Brahma. From then on Trimurti's started srishti sthiti and laya Karyas.

Main Temples of Adi Para Shakti are:

Kanchi - Kamakshi
    Madurai - Meenakshi
    Kashi - Vishalakshi
    Sringeri - Sharadambe
    Hornadu - Annapoorneshwari
    Kollur - Mookambika
    Mysore - Chamundeshwari
    Mangalore - Mangaladevi
    Saudatti - Yellamma
    Bangalore - Banashankari..
    Katil - Durga Parameshwari