A Unique Temple for Lord Ganesha!

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by suryakala, Sep 18, 2012.

1. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Uchishta ganesh statue.jpg

Shri UchishtaGanapathy Temple

Lord Ganesha is considered as the God for ensuring success in any venture. He is called Vigneshwara, one who enablesus to overcome obstacles and achieve our objective. That is the reason Ganesh Puja is performed at the beginning of every Hindu function or Yagna

Lord Ganapathy is not normally associated with any consort. Siddhi and Bhudhi are associated sometimes,symbolically because Lord Ganapathi is God for achieving a goal, and these two attributes are essential for any achievement.

There is an unique temple for LordGanapathi, known as Uchista Ganapathy Temple in Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu.This temple is considered to be between 500 to 1000 years old.

Lord Ganesha, is the Moolavar (Main diety) with the name Uchista Ganapathy. This is one of the largest temples for Lord Ganesha any where in the world with a 5 level Raja Gopuram and an impressive Praharam. The length and height of the compound wall (which needs extensive renovation) is matching any large temple in South India.There is a long open space after the tower to enter the temple. There are no idols in the Maha mandap.
    Uchishta ganesh temple- Raja gopuram.jpg Uchishta Ganapathy- full view.jpg

The uniqueness of this temple is that here Lord Ganesha is having His consort by his side and blesses her to be a mother with his trunk touching her stomach with grace. Couples who want to be blessed with a child come here and pray for a child and it is believed many have been blessed with children.

<table style="width: 397.5pt; mso-cellspacing: 0cm; mso-yfti-tbllook: 1184; mso-padding-alt: 0cm 0cm 0cm 0cm;" class="MsoNormalTable" border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0" width="530"><tbody><tr style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes;"><td style="padding: 0cm; border: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;"></td><td style="padding: 3.75pt; border: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent;">Devotees believe that worshipping Ganapathi in this form will reward them with a child of stellar characters and totally free from fiendish traits.

Uchitshta ganapathy- Sannadhi.jpg

Renovations of this ancient temple under the HR & CE control, are being carried out by a committee headed by Swami Sankarananda. To repair the damages fully, the total cost of renovation is estimated at Rs. 65 lakhs.
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Those coming from Madurai have to turn at Tirunelveli Bypass Road and proceed 1 km further where lies Mehalingapuram turning. There is a sign board guiding to the temple. The temple is on the banks of River Tambiravaruni (Thamiram Varum Neer-The water that carries copper)

May we all have the blessings of Uchista Ganapathy on this auspicious day of Ganesh Chathurti.

31 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Surya dear thanks for sharing about this temple and glad that I am the first one to visit this temple through you. Hope He blesses my son and dil soon with a kid.

3. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Dear Suryakala

Thanks a lot for sharing rare temple info with IL family!!!!

Happy Ganesha Chathurthi to You and Your family!!

Sravani

4. suryakala

Dear Viji Sister,

I am so happy that you are the first to respond to this thread. Hope you will have the divine experience of visiting this temple sometimes in the near future with your DH, Son, Daughter-in- law and Grand Son.

Lord Ganesh is so kind and I am sure you and your family will receive the blessings of Uchishta Ganapathy in abundance.

5. suryakala

Dear Sravani,

Thanks for your visit.

Happy Ganesh Chathurthi to you and your family.

May Lord Uchishta Ganapathy bless you and your family.

6. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Thanks so much SuryaKala.

You have virtually taken us to a Ganesh temple on the eve of Ganesh Chaturthi...How lucky we are!!!

Wish you a blessed Ganesh Chaturthi

1 person likes this.
  7. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Dear SuryaKala,
    Thanks for sharing the info about Uchista Ganapathy. May the lord bless all of us.

Thanks
    Vidya

8. jayarakini

jayarakini Silver IL'ite

Dear Suryakala

I have been there during my college days and after i totally forgot about it.
    What a miracle, today you are posting about this mandir --- a day before Ganpati Chaturthi....
    May Ganpati Bappa give you all the world's happiness....

9. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi Surya dear !!
    I am so glad to read about this Ganesha (my favourite god) on the eve of his birthday and thanks so much for sharing so much valuable information on him !!

10. suryakala

Dear Rkgurbani,

Thank you for your response.

I wish you a very happy Ganesh Chaturthi to you and your family.

May Lord Uchishta Ganapathy Bless you with all prosperity and happiness in your life.