Saibaba Temples Origin and its signifiance

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Indiramaha, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Indiramaha

Indiramaha New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

OM SAI RAM

Lets share and spread the news of our Lord Sai Baba. This Sai Baba temple is in West Bengal in a small Village.

In 1850, Ramdas Biswas a wealthy villager of Shibpur village of Nadia’s Nakashipara established a temple in the compound of his house to offer daily puja in it. He never took any help from anybody but set up the temple at his own cost. Past facts did not establish whether Ramdas set up any idol of Shirdi Sai Baba as Baba was alive then. But so far the information available is that the daily prayer was stopped in the temple around 1920, the reason behind this is unknown.

Slowly after the puja was stopped the temple became the home of venomous snakes while dense bushes and cobwebs surrounded it. The local residents never dared to go near the temple because of the snakes and it was eventually abandoned. But as light follows the darkness and a rainbow follows the rains the villagers of Shibpur in 1992 saw a Neem tree sprouting out of the dense bush adjoining the crumbling structure of the temple. Even more surprising was the fact that the snakes started fleeing after the Neem tree was born.

Since the snakes made their exit the villagers cleared up a part of the area and a green field was cultivated in its place where children could play safely. An entrance to the temple was also eventually discovered. The villagers took this incident lightly until 1999 when during Guru Poornima Sai Baba appeared in the dream of Amit Biswas, the great grandson of Ramdas.

Sai Baba ordered him to construct this temple and Baba said that he will arrange all means required to get this temple constructed. He narrated the dream as follows, "I saw in my dreams a bright illumination of lights… as if thousands and thousands of neon lamps were lit. I was bewildered. Then I heard a voice saying I am Sai Baba, your great grandfather used to worship me in this temple every day for hours together. I was very happy with him. After his demise there is no puja. The place has become a jungle. I am longing for devotion and Puja here once again. So I have planted the neem tree there to eradicate all evils."

Then Sai Baba gave the following instructions in the dream –

I order you to construct my temple and offer me puja every day.
    I shall call here only those whom I consider to be true Devotees of mine, rather than those who look upon me as God.
    Undoubtedly I shall carry all the burdens of those who come here to surrender the same to me.
    This Neem tree planted by Me shall provide immense peace and bliss to even the most distressed and dejected person who comes here. Whoever stands near this Neem tree will feel my presence here and the tree will remove all his sins.
    None other than my Real Devotee will be able to donate for this temple.
    Whoever responds to My call by coming to this Temple shall have all his wishes fulfilled.
    Anybody who offers worship to me here on his birthday will get rid of all his planetary obstacles.
    For the construction of this temple I will be present to perform my work. The temple construction work should not stop. The required financial help will be provided to you even from far of places.
    I am still bound to fulfill My Words, given to Ramdas as a boon granted a century ago.
    After 11 years from this day I shall arrive here from far away to take shelter at the Altar of the Temple constructed by you.
    I shall appear before you all in the form of a snake at the eastern side of the newly constructed temple.
    When a great number miracles take place repeatedly it will be time to perform pran pratishtha and abhishekam and open the gates of My Temple for my Devotees.
    People not believing in My words, shall suffer from unnecessary troubles. Whoever will preach the essence of My Preaching’s, shall be drowned in the Ocean of My Blessings.
    I shall save the life of that Devotee in Danger, who donates even a fistful of sand to me over here.
    My Blessings will remain with you always, if you keep firm faith in my words.
    Amit woke up with the divine instruction next morning and rushed to the temple. He cleaned up the area and got rid of the remaining bushes and cobwebs and established a clay idol of Sai Baba and began offering puja. After he spread the message he received from Baba to the local villagers they were inspired. Leaving aside fear, they started pouring into the temple and began offering pujas.
    In 2003, advised by the locals, Amit formed the Nadia-Shibpur-Sai-Sadguru Samity, a trustee committee to rebuild the temple. The resolution the committee took was that a new structure of the temple would be made and the trustee board would work for the amelioration of the poor people in the area.
    They also took an oath that the organization would work for social causes for the upliftment of the society. The committee then began working according to their resolution and campaigned extensively against dowry, child marriage, drug addiction etc. Worthy to mention, the villagers also started getting success. Their achievements began spreading like wild fire in the villages of Nakashipara and its surrounding areas.
    A national award winner and a famous sculptor Subir Paul could not sit idle after hearing the activities of the Sai Sadguru Samity. Inspired, the sculptor constructed a human seize fiber-glass idol of the Baba. Paul himself admitted that while making the idol for six months some miraculous spirit grappled him. “I never made such perfect structure like Sai Baba before” he said. Getting the idol quite unexpectedly, the committee thus could not sit idle too. Although not financially equipped, but the villagers began constructing the temple. They put together bamboos and erected a structure in the temple area keeping the old structure intact. The idol seated on a golden chariot has been kept under the thatched temple now in place.
    Currently, the devotees offer their daily pujas, arti and bhajan, two times daily. The Trustee committee has recently begun collecting subscription from the people of all walks of lives to build a permanent concrete structure. The committee has also started celebrating Sai festival for five days in the third week of April every year. Once the permanent structure will be in place, corers of people will visit the temple and their woes will be healed. The hands thus are stretched for help from anybody who wants to cure the woes of the people.

OM SAI RAM

Regards

Indira

2 people like this.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

No matter whether worldly or spiritual life, whenever the Sadguru captains the ship, he will steer carefully to cross over the Ocean of Samsar

Dear Sister Indira Maha,

Welcome to IL family, Thanks for sharing, Yes Baba leelas are great, without his interference nothing happens.

May Baba bless all of us and ward of all the ill effects. Om sairam

3. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Wow! What a true story about Baba temple! Baba's Leelas are wonderful to hear!

Dear Indira, Welcome to IL family, Baba said," If anybody sings My Leelas, I will give him infinite joy and everlasting contentment. The simplerememberance of My name as 'Sai,Sai' will do away with sins of speech and learning".

Thanks for sharing with us and May Baba fulfill all your wishes and guide you too.

Om Sai Ram.

4. Indiramaha

Indiramaha New IL'ite

Planning to visit shibpur baba temple next week. excited to see him....