Guru Poornima Sai Satcharitra Sapthah Parayan - Drop in, Post your Prayers..

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Saisakthi, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Guru Poornima Sai Satcharitra Sapthah Parayan

On the occasion of Guru Poornima being celebrated on 03rd July (Tuesday) We are commencing the Sai Satcharitra Parayan from today 26th June (Tuesday) and would be completing the Sapthah Parayan on Guru Poornima Day. Any IL Family Member has some special prayers do drop a line in this thread and will keep you in our prayers. Bow

Any ILite who would like to join the Parayan can read Chapter XV of Sai Satcharitra or any chapter at random or atleast one chapter on Guru Poornima day.

Guru Poornima (Full moon day in July) is the one which disciples and devotees honour and felicitate their GURU and seek his special blessing. The festival originated in the Buddha’s time when the monks used to take diksha (instructions on their spiritual practice) at the beginning of the rainy season. Hindu’s Puran says that programme respecting or worshiping ‘Guru’ on this day started at the time of ‘Vyas’ writer of Mahabharat. SaiBaba asserted the significance of this day indirectly.

In 1908, Tatyasaheb Noolkar came to Shirdi and stayed in Chavadi. One day Baba told Madhavrao to tell him to worship that post (pillar). The post Baba showed was near the Dhuni and Baba used to lean on it. That was the day when he was glad to have chance to worship at least the post in Masjid. Then Madhavrao Deshpande went into the Masjid. Baba told him to worship the same post along with Noolkar. But Madhavrao refused and instead requested to allow him to worship Baba himself. At last Baba gave the permission. Thus this Puja was started at Baba’s time and now has taken form of Festival lasting for three days.

More about Sai Satcharitra please go through the link below:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/r...645-saisatcharitra-the-gita-sai-devotees.html

Attaching herewith Sanasthan’s Gurupoornima Invitation the three day festival from 02nd July – 04th July 2012

May Baba bless all of us on this special occasion, be with us and guide us,
    Thank you Baba for the blessings showered upon us Bow

20 people like this.

2. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi Saisakthi, Thanks for enlightening us on the background of Guru poornima celibrations. On sai satcharita parayan.. is there a specific timing..or we can read it anytime during the day?

prabha

3. Saisakthi

GurupoornimaPg2.jpg GurupoornimaPg1.jpg

1 person likes this.
  4. insha

insha Gold IL'ite

Hi Saisakthi,

Thanks a lot for the information.I wanted to know when Guru Poornima falls this year.Baba has sent his messenger through you.

1 person likes this.
  5. Saisakthi

Dear Prabha sister,

Guru Shirdi Sai Baba lays no hard and fast rules, Any time Parayan can be done with complete dedication, but try to stick to one timings for the whole parayan.

May Baba bless you and fulfill your wish too. Bow

6. Saisakthi

Dear Insha Sister,

Baba always knows his children's mind and instantly fulfills our desire. May Baba bless you and fulfill your wish too. Bow

1 person likes this.
  7. Saisakthi

@insha :thankyou2: for "the LIKE"

8. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saisakthi Sister,

Thank you very much for encouraging all our IL-SAI Devotees by sending 'Sai Satcharitra Sapthah Parayan'.

May Sai Baba fullfill all our wishes and Guide us.

Om Sai Ram.

1 person likes this.
  9. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you very much for this information.Accepting this as Baba`s word to do the parayan for the next 7 days.I have not done the 7 days parayan ever;so i will start today and try to complete the parayan with you all.
    Hope my having periods at this time will not be a hindrance to this.

10. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

sai shakthi, a great service hats off to you.......
    please pray for my brother and SIL......they have some marital problems and are living separetly now......
    my brother name is satish, SIL name is hema and his son lalit srivatsav......... i want them to lead a happy family.....
    thanks a lot for your service.......