1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MIL-DIL Misunderstanding to More Understanding - share the transition story

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by mstrue, May 29, 2010.

1. Roopamanju

Roopamanju Platinum IL'ite

hi,

I got married 4 years back and I'm blessed with a toddler, our's is arranged marriage, I have one SIL and BIL, my DH is the eldest and only literate, he struggled much to attain stability in life while his siblings were enjoying life. He did all his elder son duties (building house for parents,sister's marriage,brother's bussiness investment etc.,)whole heartedly.At the time of our marriage he had a debt of 6 lakhs , nobody bothered but tried to rip his purse.Two months after our marriage he went on site to pay the debts then started the problem,they were keen to spend this money too in a lavish way (buying jewels for SIL and four wheeler for BIL) but things went worse when my BIL eloped with a third rate girl,my DH somehow managed to bring back my BIL (the girl demanded 3 lakhs and they gave) but my MIL told all these happens due to my bad luck. After one year my BIL had an affair with the girl working in our shop,this time things went worst and atlast he married the same girl with the intervention of police.This time my DH was so angry and he stopped all the perks he gave them,now they (in-laws)cursed me that i brain washed my DH,they also spoke very harshly about me for not having a child after 6 months of married life.They never expressed any joy hearing me pregnant they never came & saw me or my child after his birth.All they did is speaking ill about me to friends, relatives and neighbors even my DH cldn't control them.they refused to take me and my child with them post delivery I was with my parents for one year.After that my DH realized and took us with him but they locked the door and went to my SIL's house(both houses built with my DH's money),now we are in UAE but say (to whomever they see)that I brainwashed my husband and broke their relationship,they even cursed my kid.They also add that we earn plenty and never
    took care of them,they have their own business (set by my DH)they are not dependent now. I don't know how to overcome this bad image created by them everyone seeing us speaks about this we feel embarrassed.

RoopaManju.

2. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Hi sunny,
    Very nice post...very motivationg...hats off:thumbsup

3. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

I had just 1 misunderstanding and that is I forgot to wish my MIL on her birthday(even after she called me,I just spoke to her and hung up!!).She is a very sweet lady..never interferes in our lives and very cool.She felt bad and cried saying that I am not her daughter so I didnt care for her.I felt very bad and cried a lot too.Then I sent her flowers+sweets and a sorry card.Next day she forgave me and we are ok now.

4. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

You both are very sweet, Rose. :thumbsup Very pleasant to read! :)

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

I am not able to understand this.
    Anyway - good that you patched up.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  6. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

MIL felt that Rose would have cared enough to remember her Bday if she were her daughter. Correct me if I am wrong, Rose. :)
    I am glad Rose and MIL nipped that simple misunderstanding in the bud. :thumbsup
    Good Going, Rose. :cheers

7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Yes, I understood that, but I felt mil was getting needlessly over emotional over a simple thing. But yep, good that rose handled the situation well.

If I were her, I would have said - puhleeez! :) Its a simple forgetfulness that happens sometimes. Good that rose is not like me.:thumbsup Anyway, I am never that good with remembering dates and occasions, LOL! I have a simple mind (good excuse eh? :biglaugh)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  8. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

yeah, Good that Rose is not like you. :rotflImagine what such a 'puhleeez' would have done to their otherwise great relation.

You know, sometimes people get emotional because of their love. A little acknowledgement of their emotions and thereby their love, will mean a lot to them, especially elders.
    If they were creating a big drama with malicious intent, that is a different story. But if the disappointment is genuine & out of love, a little sorry goes a long way.. Rose's way would have been my way too.. so I can relate easily to her. :)

9. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

I know :) which is a good way to lead life peacefully. Hence kudos to rose.

Ofcourse I have a special knack for getting myself in trouble with such puhleez! :bonk

PS:
    Well, love and affection - if it needs to be expressed by remembering dates, then both DW and I are toast. Since neither of us can remember dates, ROFL! Luckily people dont tag us based on that :)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  10. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Like we did not know that yet! :crazy
    :biglaugh