1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How eventful was your birth!!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ShilpaMa, Mar 5, 2010.

1. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Hey guys just felt like sharing experiences of the day when we did arrive to this world...

My bro was just into this world & the day my mom realised am on the way.. it was the last week when she could have bid adeau to me :bonk....
    She hit a panic button.. cos physically (healthwise), emotionally, financially (dad lost his job a mnth ahead bro was born) she wasn't ready to have me.. she wanted to give quality time to bro & I was just too early & unplanned.

Everyone tried to console her & find way out.. since the decision window was too short... elders made FD for me.. still she wasn't convinced.. hence they all got tog (astrologer, mom, elders, mom's sis) and it was decided that I was a boy & hence can be passed on to mom's sis who was considered childless (in 70s and that city any lady who dint have a son was considered childless).

For remaining 5 mnths mom had no emotional connect to me as I was supposed to leave her on day1, she had no nausea, no preg trbl, 10 mins labour, 1 push & I was out, no stitches... she had a horror time with bro...
    Meanwhile my aunt who was rushing to the hosp at midnight with a bag to adopt me along with a servant was held by cops :biglaughon pretext of running away with servant in a conservative city beyond midnight. There were no mobiles to tell her.. hey wait its a gal.. so dont waste ur time and efforts.

It was a big emotional drama that followed the morning, aunt to be released from police, mom going mad that I was a gal & was finally going to remain with her & dad singing away & dancing cos he'd reluctantly agreed to give me away... one emotional person on this earth... :rotfl. Aunt's husb going mad on the entire drama... & loosing a chance of having son. My Bro tool yng to understand where did mommy disapper...
    Within a month dad got a nice job, they moved to another city away from horror grandma.. still my mom took 18 yrs to accept me lovingly... when I again left that house for good.

How was yours?

2. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

[justify]Hmmm I was a complicated baby :tongue... I have an elder bro...so Mom and Dad wanted a girl this time... [​IMG] ... I don't know in which month...but in some month of mom's pregnancy She had some bleeding and the doctor advised to abort the baby..... and yeah she went for abortion ( I don't clearly remember the reason mom said she had to abort for medical reasons )...but apparently next two months her tummy started to grow... and she consulted doctor ..they said it might be twins and they have aborted baby....etc etc and another one is left so on and so forth....I think they were confused too or some serious mistake in abortion must have happened...and she was said she is 5-6 months pregnant with me... and doctor's themselves were not sure how i managed to stay inside stomach... later they found out the gender for fun....( doctor is mom's best friend) :tongue... and again some complication...i guess they did scanning and all... and mom was said there is something wrong with my growth and i might be physically/mentally challenged baby... Everyone in whooole family...my grand mom(mom's mother) my dad's elder brother etc etc advised mom and dad not to bring me on this earth because I might be load to them ( I can't get married you see :tongue ) ...but dad and mom clearly said to them...we want a girl..be it she is physically/mentally challenged... we want a girl... so we want this baby.... My mom used to cry to Saibaba it seems everyday( praying him to give a healthy baby....you see Sai in my name :tongue !!! )...

Funny part is she was never able to digest anything she ate....everything she would vomit except mirchi bajji and avakaya as I said in another thread( which she used to eat almost everyday .... poor hungry soul...what else could she do when she can't eat anything :tongue ) ...finally I was born...perfectly alright...doctors examined me if I had all the body parts .... and mom was actually very much tensed up till i could speak and walk.( she still doubted i was physically/mentally challenged)....[/justify]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  3. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

wow intresting topic
    but unfortunately i have nothing much to share
    i am the first child to my parents and born at my moms native place
    good thing is mom had all her relatives around when i was born more than 10 people helping her
    but she still says she had undergone labour pain for 3 days
    and funny part is
    my grandmom is very orthodox and as my moms due date falls on amavasya she said my mom that if a boy is born on amavasya he will be theif and girl born on amavasya will become a characterless women..so it seems my mom was pleading doctor to stop pains for 24 hrs so she can deliver next day padyami which made doctor angry.....hmm anyways i was born next day of amavasya padyami :bonk

1 person likes this.
  4. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

How eventful was my birth? Hmm, let me think. I cannot seem to remember anything about it :rotfl

5. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

After 3 daughters were born, my parents were expecting for a boy child. It seems some astrologer said that fourth kid will definitely be a boy. My grandparents (from my father's and mother's side_ and all other realatived thought that it would be a boy when my mother conceived fourth time.

But then fourth was also a girl (me....), so none of the relatives turned up and my grand mother did not like me. After my birth, my father got promotion in office and all good prosperity. So, I am considered as lucky girl. My father and mother educated all of us in a very good way and all are settled now.

6. sridivya

sridivya New IL'ite

Interesting topic. Thanks.

Mom was in her last stages of pregnancy and my great grand father (Dad's grandfather) passed away. There should not be any celebration in the family till 10 days....that's the custom/tradition?

Ok so everyone was tensed since mom's due date was somewhere 2 or 4 day in those 10 days. What could they do if I pushed myself out? But, seems like I was a "good baby" who came out only after 14 days of the death ie, past the due date by almost 10 days.

Mom till this day repeats that story including all the dialogues of some relatives, my grandparents, in the exact same way, same sequence, I have heard since I was 5yrs old, every year on my birthday.

When mom is narrating that to you for the first time, you can actually feel the tension of "WHAT IF I CAME OUT" any time within those 10days!!!...:rotfl:rotfl

Even my kids know this story now and mom always ends this suspense story with tears in her eyes, proudly saying.....

"That's MY daughter, MY blood and flesh, she understands MY agony better even before she was born"..........:idontgetit:

1 person likes this.
  7. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Well I was the second child and everyone told my mom this should be a boy as I already had a girl.....My Dad would firmly tell them that I have "Sarawati" in my house so don't stop "Lakshmi" from coming ...If she wants to come I will welcome her...

My Didi prayed everyday to god " Please give me a little sister". So I was born 3 weeks early....Some auntys came to console my mother but she was smiling and very happy and so was my dad. My sister was crazy happy and was telling everone " God listened to me".

A family acquaintance of my Dad was running around telling people " Do U know so and so has a daughter again"....Well that person has 3 daughters now...

Even if my mom was disappointed she never showed it to me and brought both of us with love.

8. Anuradha00

Anuradha00 Bronze IL'ite

There was nothing eventful about my birth. I was a girl so nothing special.

When my brother was born, there was lots of festivities. My uncle and father gave food donation at our local temple, and gave away lots of gold and diamonds to their sisters. After brother's birth, I was treated even worst and discriminated against. When he wanted anything he got it. When I wanted something I had to beg and plead 10,000,000 times.

My wedding was simple function. His wedding was a bash - again gold and diamonds gifted to new dil. Alas, new dil belonged to Hell and quickly showed her true colors. I should say I had rebirth in my parents' affection after that woman began to misbehave big-time with them and my idiot brother nodded his stupid head to all her nonsense all the time. Now my mother says 'Daughter will always understand and support parents even if we have been unfair to her. Son's love and support on other hand depends on his wife!' :bonk

My parents have apologized to me many times for past mistreatment of me. I had tough time forgiving them initially but did so because they have no one else if I also shun them. I should say that my real birth was after my brother's wedding and it was very eventful for my parents and me. :thumbsup

mstrue likes this.
  9. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Hey guys its nice to know everyone's experience.. some are bitter some are sweet.. however still none are as sweet as we endure today.

I guess in previous generation a son was an ultitmate GOD to parents & a girl was percieved as a burden.. I also remember.. for a girl's birth only salt items were being distributed & sweets only for boy.... still there were quite a few parents who did celebrate their daughters' arrival in full glory.

Thanks to the changing times & women empowerment & education to the masses that people are changing to some extent & they're realising as Anuradha rightly mentioned:
    'Daughter will always understand and support parents even if we have been unfair to her. Son's love and support on other hand depends on his wife!'

Today even my mother says I feel I have 2 sons & the one I wanted to give away is more caring :)... Thanks to the education & upbringing they gave us that we're capable of filling their house as well instead of just emptying it.

10. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Shilpa Ma, just today I read your post in another thread how naughty you and your bro were, then again reading your birth exp in this.
    Great to know the birth stories of all here, mine is nothign great and hialrious. I am a twin and we were second to our parents.
    Eldest one was a boy and it was still birth. So my mommy dear and dear dad was so much happy when she got pregnant by a year and when they
    found out it is twins their joy knew no bounds. There are plenty of pics of us with dad and mom of our childhood, and mom says
    dad just loved to click on pics of us. Our youngest sis still makes a long face saying her pics can be numbered on the fingers:)