1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Any NICKNAMES for your in-laws?????

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sujanags, Jan 29, 2010.

1. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

I was 2nd DIL to enter my inlaws family and me and my co-sis have nick name for my MIL as HITLER...

ya we do use this nick name when talking to each other and I think our DHs are aware of this... Both of us use this nick name to refer her while talking over to our mom's family

and finally MIL is just not aware of this :)

2. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Malar - Thanks for sharing. Have a nice time with your co-sis.

Vimala - It differs from person to person. For me, my MIL is a vert strict person who can never compromise on any customs when it comes to functions, poojas. She wants DIL to be 100% perfect. Earlier she used to stay with us for 8 months in a year and now she is staying with us all the times. I am trying to manage and cope up with her and lives up to her expectations. Doing all this, I get peaceful life with DH. So, I try to sacrifice many small things to achieve this.

She has hurt me and my parents very much 4 to 5 times in front of her relatives. Other than that, she is a good person who expects her DIL to match her expectation. If I don't adjust, then obviously my marriage life will go for a toss.

3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I call my MIL 'Crime Master GoGo'! (from the movie Andaz Apna Apna). In the movie whenever he appeared, he would say 'Aaunga, kuchh na kuchh toh leke jaunga!'. Whenever my MIL visits us, she takes inventory of all the new things in the house, from my cosmetics to kitchen items. If she likes something, she praises it a lot and I end up offering it to her. Of course, I don't begrudge her any of those things and willingly give them to her. So by the time she leaves, half my new purchases go with her :). So I call her Crime Master GoGo, and my DH and SIL both know it and we have a good laugh about it:rotfl.

3 people like this.
  4. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Gauri - I think you have kept a very unusual different nickname which I have never heard from others like this.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  5. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Haha Lavii that is so funny! In my mind I think of mil as 'ugly ape woman', or %$##!!@#&*.

1 person likes this.
  6. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

I have a nickname for my IL's basically my MIL/FIL and SIL.Rest is my BIL and Co-sis whom I refer by their names. I cudnt be innovative with them and give a nickname.My husband isnt aware of it. But if I tell him what I call all the three he himself can make out why I call them so.:rotfl:rotfl

7. sonika1976

sonika1976 Junior IL'ite

i like op refer as MIL SIL FIL etc but when i talk to my co-sis(husbands brothers wife) she calls mil monster in law and i call MIL the queen bee and fil the drone.

The only way to see my never-smiling MIL smile is work like worker bees in front of her. FIL inclusive :))oh did i mention, if she wants anything done, she claps and then gets the point across.

The last time she was here, she stood on the first floor clapping to call DH upstairs for some anti-DIL rendezvous. The second time she clapped, i told DH.." I hear the clap, dance monkey dance"

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
    6 people like this.
  8. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaughyou girls are really hillarious:crazy:crazy

1 person likes this.
  9. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Lavii , That was too good...

Sonika, I was :rotfl:rotfl:rotflseeing your reply.

10. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Sonika, Gauri that was awesome :biglaugh!!!!!?
    Sonika btw was she into teaching profession... or simply used to making srvants/ monkey dance?
    yes even my DH doesnt understand any sign language he needs to be dragged in/out.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010