1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is this comparison regular and normal or not?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by cheesecake, Oct 10, 2015.

1. cheesecake

cheesecake Senior IL'ite

My dh mother always compares me with my husband's brother and his wife.if she is chatting she will atleast say once that how my sis in law does this and they have so many things at home is expensive and have an own good house and i dont have a good home with latest technology and things.sometimes i think if she enjoys so much there why doesnt she live there only.when she is back from their house she starts bragging.i dont like it and listen and keep shut.they will be better than us coz they are elder and settled down but still i hate every moment spent talking with my dh mother.anybody has similar situation plz share your views.

2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Goes in one ear, goes out other ear.
    Do that and What remains is your peace of mind (which is good) :)

PS:
    Extra tip:
    Dont rant to DH though, that will create trouble for yourself.

3 people like this.
  3. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

I have many BILs and over the years I've noticed my mil is always talking to everyone as though the others are better than the one she is talking to.

Either you ignore it or join the band. Yes yes. X cooks brilliantly. Y is so rich and generous. No one can take care if you like Z does. Etc. Etc. The whole atmosphere changes when you stop competing and become an observer.

3 people like this.
  4. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

next time she starts praising her..and u wish to say something then..u act reverse way than usual. u start saying yes maa even i noticed this wow seriously they are great. and say some more extra than her and keep saying and praising. she will fail in her motive (to piss u off) and will stop gradually might be weeks months or u cannot say days too..lol
    try it dear. sometimes i feel that dealing people in funny way is much easier than just pissing ourselves off....

2 people like this.
  5. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

Do not be her audience..

1 person likes this.
  6. rajakumaruma

rajakumaruma Senior IL'ite

Yes,yes and yes,but a slight variation -my mil talks ill of them to me and to them about me.The funniest thing about this is we dils share what she told about us to each other,so we dont take it seriously. And if she praises my sil infront of me(which she did in the early years) I dont comment other than"really,is that so?".These people are trying to create a rift between you two by making you feel jealous. Next time when you meet your sil,use this information to cement the relationship between you two by praising her about her house and things and adding that not only mil but you are also impressed by her. This will create a good vibe between you and her and not long afterwards ,you both will start having a nice communication and guess what, there will be no need of a mil to act as a messenger(not the good one) between you two.Take care.

7. adinil

adinil Silver IL'ite

hahah :rotfl

8. Ihari123

Ihari123 Silver IL'ite

well said

Have heard that be happy before d one who hates you or your enemy. This will diminish the enjoyment / happiness which your enemy experiences when you are sad/unhappy. Enjoy YOUR life. :)