1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Suggest me reg travel during 7th month

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by CuteCherry, Aug 24, 2015.

1. CuteCherry

CuteCherry Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    hope all are doing well. I came for suggestion/to handle this situation, I am in dilemma. Please help me...
    I am in my 6th month pregnancy now. Next month 3rd my SIL and her husband coming from Malaysia to their in laws home. At present my MIL is staying with us, came 40 days back to here Bangalore.
    18th is sathyanarayana swami puja is there at my SIL's In laws home town. As 17th is vinayaka chavithi festival, MIL is asking us to come for festival to IL's place.
    By that time I will be in my 7th month pregnancy.
    My MIL is insisting my husband that we all should go to the puja at SIL's IL's place.
    For this I have to do the below travelling's all 5 days.
    16th after office we have to go to my Parents place(Takes 5 hours of journey from Bangalore)
    17th from parents place to inlaws place( Takes 3 hours journey)
    18th From inlaws place to SIL inlaws place(Takes almost 3 hours to go and return)
    19th From Inlaws to my home place.
    20th My place to Bangalore.
    21st I have to be on my regular things like kid to school and me and DH to office.

I am already having back pain due to long hours sitting at office. So to take these 5 days daily travelling really am scared :(, along with handling of my toddler.

After discussing with my mom, she is telling, "why to take so much tension and its not good for health to do so much journey. As you are pregnant, your SIL and her DH need to come and visit you, instead of you taking this much stress to visit them."

If I tell to MIL like I won’t come, she will may create huge scene and fight between me and DH.

So ladies, please suggest me what to do and how I can proceed in this situation.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Cool10

Cool10 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Your mom is right. It is not suggested to travel this much in late pregnancy. Light travel should be fine though.

Tell to your MIL, that doc told not to do so much travelling. What is your H saying on this ? Take him in confidence before talking to your MIL and tell him it is risky for baby to do this much travel. It would be better if this suggestion goes from him to your MIL rather than you.

If ILs create too much issue, cant you travel directly to SIL's place and return (without additional places like mother and MIL's house) ?

1 person likes this.
  3. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Option 1

You can tell your MIL that you visited a doc due to severe back pain and she advised not to travel . Ask your DH to convey this to your MIL. If you feel they will not like or believe this I can one more suggestion to you.

Option 2

Tell your DH to inform your MIL that he is quite busy and is held up in office due to some assignments. Since it is DH who is busy they may not have any doubt on this. Since he is too busy he cannot attend the function and further cannot send you alone with toddler to travel.

Option 3

One of them can come and take your baby if required for 2 days ( only if your child and you are comfortable there)

In this way you will get some rest and can feel physically and mentally relaxed. No offense to God, you can do your prayers at your home only instead of travelling so much to attend them.

1 person likes this.
  4. CuteCherry

CuteCherry Silver IL'ite

Thank you for your suggestion @Cool10, today I will discuss with DH about the risk involved in this and see how he will react:roll:.
    There is no direct bus from Bangalore to SIL's village. I have to change 4 buses in between to reach and it takes almost 9 to 10 hours from here.
    To avoid long Journey usually we used to go to my parents place which is in between Bangalore and In laws place, take a break and again to go to in laws place.

5. CuteCherry

CuteCherry Silver IL'ite

Thank you for your suggestions @VaniVyasfriendssmiley,

I am thinking about Option 1, to convey the message thru DH. Will discuss today night with him.
    Option 2 is really strong, but need to think as DH is very keen to go to see his Sis and BIL and to attend Vinayaka chaviti festival at their home town as his another bro and his wife are coming as well.
    Option 3, I don't think they will come to take baby. Since baby born, they shown affection only in words, not in actions :(

So based on DH's reaction for option1, I am planning to tell DH if he can able to handle the kid well, to take kid along with him to show to his sis.

1 person likes this.
  6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

If everything else fails and you absolutely have to go, at least hire a comfortable air conditioned SUV and driver for the trip. Changing 4 buses is crazy even if you are not pregnant.

1 person likes this.
  7. CuteCherry

CuteCherry Silver IL'ite

Thank you all for your suggestions, I discussed with DH, he told me to not worry about travelconsole1. He will go to visit them along with kid and he will discuss his travel plan with MIL when time comeshugsmiley:).

MissusShiny and Anamika99 like this.