1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sister-In-Law Pregnant Again!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Archana11, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Archana11

Archana11 Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

I'm new member from Dec 2014. I never posted anything and was silent reader.
    Today I wanted to share my feelings, I can say frustrations.

I got Married in 2012 and within 1 month I got pregnant. I lost my MIL within one month of my marriage. I have one SIL who is married for 10 years and having twin girls who will be 10 years next month.

When I was pregnant, she was also pregnant and at sixth month she went for scanning and found that it was a girl and went for abortion. I was shocked. It took lot of effort for the private nurse to do a normal delivery at 6th month at home.

Now she is again pregnant. She will again wait and see if it is a gal or boy. If girl then again go for abortion. I'm not able to take this and more over she is very lean and does not eat anything because of this she becomes very sick. Now my FIL wants us to take care of her. I'm a working women with 2.4 months hyperactive kid. Travel to work is 2 hrs, and I will be very very tired. I have thyroid and on 25th July I was diagnosed with PCOS. Doctor said I should not try to conceive till 6 months. To all these frustrations I need to take care of her as well. When I cook rice she wants roti...when I cook roti she wants rice...if I ask her what you want she will ask for Upma all the time. Taking care of her 2 kids is on the other hand. She did not take care of her kids well when they were born and now they don't look like 10 years. They are very short and lean. They don't like anything I cook. My husband sits with them morning and night and force them to eat.

yesterday she left to her place and I don't think this is end of it. Again she will not eat well and becomes sick and again come to my place. If its a girl she will have abortion and come to my place to take rest. If its boy she will come to my place for delivery. Either way I need to struggle.

I have a Co-Sister who lives next door. She dint' have good relation with my MIL so they started staying in first floor. When my Kid was 6 month even we moved to first floor due to some reasons. My FIL stays alone at ground floor . He has Kirana Store which is attached to our house and he will maintain it for time pass. I used to cook for my FIL and days were good and I was friendly with Co-Sister. One day I asked her to make breakfast for FIL as my Poha got spoiled ( I used thin ones instead of thick. My first attempt) and I was rushing to office. She said there is no Atta in such a way we say to beggars. I was hurt and shared this with my husband, Dont know how they got to know that I was hurt and there was a big fight and it was decided that my FIL will eat at her place for 1 year and next 1 year at my place. But when ever there are guests and needs lot of food to be cooked I end up doing it. Reason they plan for a day out or vacation. When my SIL was pregnant in 2012, Co-Sister said to SIL that she is not her servant to take care of her. We had every month puja for my MIL till one year and every month we need to cook a lot of non veg and veg and invite close relatives. Even though I was pregnant I used to cook all of them every month and Co-Sister used to come at 11 or 12 PM just before cooking was over and do some small stuff. When there was argument about this my FIL supported her. He always supports her, reason might be she was chosen by them and mine was a love marriage.

Sorry for long post.

2. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

Before anything, do you live in India? Which is this place that is doing gender tests ? Do you even know this is illegal? And what kind of family allows babies to be killed because of gender?

3. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

I do not check the relationship forums much and accidentally stumbled upon your post from the recent post list. I could not stop myself from responding. It is EXTREMELY distressing to learn that there are people who kill their baby based on gender (that too in 6th month????) Very shocking!! I am sorry that I cannot help with any of your other problems. I just cannot think any further. How does your SIL have the heart to let her own baby to die? Is there any way you or your DH can stop this inhuman act?

sindmani likes this.
  4. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

The nurse did a normal delivery at home? and what did they do with the baby? oh my god i couldn't even think.

sindmani likes this.
  5. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Your SIL is really sick. Abortion because of girl child? No one to raise voice against this? Tell your husband you will make a police complaint if she does this again.

sindmani, Grihani, akshayasr and 2 others like this.
  6. Archana11

Archana11 Silver IL'ite

We live in India, Hyderabad. Yes we are educated and know its illegal. My FIL has extreme love towards her daughter so he does not say anything. They are such any uneducated fools. When she was pregnant in 2012 she went to a person who gives some medicine from plants which change the gender. Myself and my husband clearly explained what is science and its not in anyone's hands. Now I hope you understand no use to tell them anything.

7. Archana11

Archana11 Silver IL'ite

I don't know what they did. I was ninth month pregnant and was at my parents home after my srimantham/ godh bharai.

8. Archana11

Archana11 Silver IL'ite

When my FIL said she has fever and weak I called her and asked to come to my place so that I can look after her for 2 to 3 days. When she came she was vomiting continuously and I asked my hubby is she pregnant? He asked the same and she said yes. They don't even bother to Inform us. When my hubby enquired about how many months she did not respond. They just Dont care what we say.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  9. Archana11

Archana11 Silver IL'ite

We can't give any complaint. She my husbands sister. Yesterday that is on Thursday evening she left. I felt relief. But she is coming again today night because she had vomiting. They went to a long distance place to meet an astrologer from a tribal community who predicts the gender. Sick people. My husband told we cannot take care of her as we both are working and we have our PG exams and also I'm not feeling well as I don't get my periods from may due to PCOD. My FIL said even my co- sister (who does not work)is also not well so he will not ask her. Now he is all set to cook and take care of his daughter and grand kids. I'm stressed out with this decision and not sure what prbs we will face when relatives come to know about this. My husband clrarly told that we will not support but I'm getting tensed. I don't even read one unit of my next exam from evening thinking about this.

10. Archana11

Archana11 Silver IL'ite

To all who replied thanks a lot. I did respond to all your question but did not mention your name. I'm new and tensed with this situation so forgot to mention your name while replying. Thanks for understanding.