1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

had fight with SIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by kshema, May 26, 2015.

1. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Last week i had big fight with my SIL. I got married in 2011, My SIL is very rude and talking in high pitch always,many times she hurt me like anything,, she asked me about my expenses yu purchsed this, is it necessary and commented on my things. My MIL always supports her and comparing with her for every single matter. till last week I never give my SIL any reverse answer. When she visits my home last time she said something on my face very rudely. So I stopped sending sms or call her.. Then she strated sending some advice quotes. I also sent some quotes.. 3 yrs back I told my MIL that please tell your daughter not to interfear in my personal matters and she cried for that. And now my SIL is asking about that, as I mentioned my SIL is very rude, so I dint tell her directly and I don't want to spoil the relationships and more than that she's our guest. So I dint tell on her face, i thought if my MIL advice her, she may understand. But again she talked very rude and I told her very politely that what hurts me from your side, I thought she understands, but Nooo. She talked in such a way that I am not at all belongs to their family and I have no rights in my DHs house. (my inlaws are in native,here in my house me and my husband and we purchase all the things )I also became very rude this time.she told if you wish u speak, ur nothing to me and many. .I told her I will not talk to you again, dont want to hear from you again So we both stopped talking.
    Now am felling bad that from very long time I was quite, why I reacted this time,
    Please tell me ladies what I did is correct or what I should do next time when I see her face to face?

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Don't feel bad op.Such bullies deserve to be talked back to.Keep distance with her....then there will be no need to talk back .

5 people like this.
  3. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

Thanku dear yellowmango

4. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Some people are very interfering and cross their boundaries often.The way to deal with them is to be direct.Mince no words and tell them openly that its none of their business what you do in your personal life.I am not sure whether you sil is married.If she is ,she has no business telling you that this is not your house.After marriage ,the house you live in along with your hubby becomes your house.
    Dont feel miserable about cutting her off,its the only way out.Just ignore

5. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

Ya she is married, have kids. Still interfering in all matters. My MIL do whatever she said.
    Feeling relaxed now

6. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

What nonsense ? Ask her to mind matters in her household.

You should have shut her long back. Better late than never. Don't be bothered about her not talking. Just think.. Good Riddance...

7. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

You did not do anything wrong. You gave her a chance till now and that has been your good manners. When someone overstays their welcome, its not wrong to tell it to them.
    Dont feel guilty. Feel good that finally you have managed to relieve your mind of the burden.

8. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

I asked her about what she commented abt me , she's told they all are just joke and you don't know such simlpe things,ur like this like that and again rude.. Not ready to accept her mistake. I never fought with anybody like this. If both my MIL and SIL come together to my home, then its again difficult to face them. Let me see..
    Any how now mind became free.. Thank you all for your reply.

9. Rohanj

Rohanj Gold IL'ite

What is with these SIL's? What are their problems? More than MIL's, SIL's are very dangerous. Why do they behave like this? We all are educated people, we all are mature, we all understand what is right and wrong. Even these SIL's are one of them. So, what goes wrong in them when DIL steps into their house? This SIL problem is all over India I guess.

10. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

Ya Rohanj, main problem is jealousy. And after marriage son will not change, thinking of their parents and their sisters change, they are not ready to see their son/brother is happy with his wife, but they expect their daughter to be happy wit her husband. As you said SIL is more dangerous than MIL is correct, because in most of the cases MIL do what her daughter said, if all MILs stop their behavior of comparing their dil with her daughter and all SIL should stop interfering in his brother's life, this much of misunderstanding will not come I guess. Without kowning this SIL s spoiling the happiness of their parents.