1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

suggesstions to tackle this

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by krithi1611, May 6, 2015.

1. krithi1611

krithi1611 New IL'ite

Hi frnds,

am working mom and so my 2 years old son is fully taking care by mil. I salute her help and the same time feeling little worry that my kid is becoming more close to his grandma. I am happy only, that he should be like this blah blah...but the same way he shld be close to me as well. that s my expectation. sometimes he ll be keep coming to me alone and vice versa...how to come over this, please suggest

2. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

if you want to leave your son in ur MIL's care ....then its gud for ur son only tht he feels close to his grandma....in this way he will not miss you and will feel complete....

its natural of you to feel jealous but everything comes with a price...kabhi kisi ko mukkamml jahan nahi milta....you are having ur career without getting worried for ur son as he is in safe hands ...think where u want to compromise?? on ur career? on ur son's care? or the possessiveness of love of ur son?
    if i wuld have been at ur place i have chosen the third option....
    after coming from office spend quality time with ur son....he will love you surely as u r his mother....

3 people like this.
  3. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

Hey relax dear ... you, your son, your MIL all the same family ..console1 ('Family' redefined depending on context :whistle)

Above all, the kid is blessed with so much love all around ...

3 people like this.
  4. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Op do not worry. It's just your insecurity as a new mom. Appreciate your mils help. . Its a big big help. Do not worry as you son grows up he will get more attached to you.

1 person likes this.
  5. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Be thankful that you son is well taken care by mil who loves him .

he is still your son that bond will not go away.

Try taking over sons care after you come back from office and weekends completely . Play with him, feed him and do everything for him . You will feel closer.

3 people like this.
  6. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

Nobody can replace a mother. Being a working mom, you are bound to have some guilty consciousness regarding how little you spend with your child. But please stop it at that. Thank God for a MIL who takes care of the child while you concentrate on your career. Just look in to some of the other posts here regarding relationship issues and you will feel how blessed you are .
    Do not ever let your MIL know that you felt this way. It is sure to hurt her for doing nothing wrong but being a natural mother figure to the child with whom she is literally 24 x 7.
    Kuzhandaikku ippadiyellam pirichchup paakkath theriyaadhu. Adhu unga rendu peraiyume ore maadhiridhaan paakkum. Do not nurture this kind of feelings any more, if you do, then you are shooting yourself on your foot.
    Please forgive me if I have been sounding harsh. But I just want to iterate this is very trivia a matter that does not deserve your time and energy. Instead try to Love your family, that includes MIL as well ,more. The amount of time spent does not matter but how well spent is all that matters.

Wishing you a life of love,

Pavithra.

1 person likes this.
  7. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

I sometimes feel that kids tag along with people who give them food.
    If you are not cooking for\feeding your kid, try doing that couple of times and see if that makes a difference.
    But, I am sure your kid will love you equal to or more than the grandmom..

8. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

You are fortunate that you have a lovely carer in your mil for your son.

Have fun activities lined up for him when you are home. Playdoh, painting, craft, ball games, science experiments etc. he will certainly look forward to spending time with you too.

1 person likes this.
  9. krithi1611

krithi1611 New IL'ite

thanks to all for sharing your views on this. @pavithraS - spl thanks to you, I felt your points to me from an elder sister:) I agree on your below points,
    "It is sure to hurt her for doing nothing wrong but being a natural mother figure to the child with whom she is literally 24 x 7.
    Kuzhandaikku ippadiyellam pirichchup paakkath theriyaadhu. Adhu unga rendu peraiyume ore maadhiridhaan paakkum"

slowly am started thinking of new ideas to spend time with my kid on weekends.

1 person likes this.
  10. jingi92

jingi92 Gold IL'ite

hi OP ... actually be happy you have someone at home to genuinely care foryour son while u r away at work ... you know he is in safe hands ... also this will act as a loving bond between you ppl ... n no mil/dil probs .. if you learn to appreciate what she is doing and praise her ... yr wl hv a wonderful atmosphere at home ... remember he is yr kid no matter what and will always love you most ... spend yr free time with him ...