1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I have become evil coz of MIL...

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by anika987, Apr 28, 2015.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

brought a new coach bag for mother.my mom wanted me to buy one also for MIL.i asked her why.she says" u should not differentiate btw mom and MIl"

my my mil never helped me when I was juggling my babies when they were small.she only watched ipad all day.

i have got her so many stuff but after sometime she always says"no one like my son.only he has the heart to buy stuff.u have not got much for me "

I have cooked so many delicacies for But she says she remembers only what co sister does

she hates me vacationing to exotic places with hubby but when she goes she expects us to be happy for her

she always insulted my education as I am an arts student

she comments only height,color and looks

she is in awe of other dil's and claims indirectly that am not in par with them

she talks like how u pierce a needle in a banana

she always keep saying "my son" and says he has the right over him more than me.but somehow for housework alone I have better right..

when we go out she always shares her food with others but does not even offer me but if I buy anything good,she asks if I want her leftover

why should I get her a branded bag. I have done more for her than my own mom but this time I do not have an heart

mom says that I have become evil..

2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Yes don't buy a branded bag for MIL if you feel unhappy for buying it .

what was your reaction when MOm called you evil

3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Listen to your mom.

4. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

Buy her headphones for her I pad and get her addicted to music.

3 people like this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Don't do it if you don't feel like doing it. Never mind what your mom says. Sometimes moms and daughters too disagree.

6 people like this.
  6. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

it wud be great if u buy a branded bag for ur mil even after her talks but it wuld not be an evil if u dont buy....and its not neccessary to be great always.....sometimes its okay to be a commom human being...

2 people like this.
  7. Daenerys

Daenerys Senior IL'ite

Evil begets evil! :D :D

8. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

9. SARAH284

SARAH284 Senior IL'ite

Dear Dont buy anything for ur MIL
    Start appreciating your friends MIL's in front of your Mil.....'Look how great they are with their grand childern''....they are so helpful to their DILs....etc brag excessively if you have togigglingsmiley
    Next time she calls you evil.....Smile arrogantly as if you have been called Miss world :twisted:........!!!

if she comments about [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]height,color and looks......Just look into ur MILs eyes with serious expression and soft voice say ''MA ji thats a really superficial thing to say".......then claim you only find people with kind heart and attitude really beautiful..blah blah[/FONT]:crazy
    From time to time remind her that ur hubby loves your smile...or eyes...yr sense of dressing ...with a very over the top blushing attitude .....

If your MIL is intelligent she will get the hint that you don't take her seriously :cool2:

3 people like this.
  10. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

Your mother sounds just like my mother. My MIL loves to compete with my mother. What ever my mom has, my MIL wants exactly the same or better. My mother on the other hand never cares about the cost of anything we get her. So when ever I go to India, if I buy a sari for both of them, my mother will always tell me to get her one that is at least Rs.5 cheaper than MIL. I always listened to her and did that, but never thought her reasoning (that MIL will be upset if I spend more on mom) was true. One year bought both of them saris. My mother wears more traditional patterns and MIL likes designer. For some reason the sari we got MIL was about 10 or so rupees cheaper. That was all. She went back to the store, returned it and bought one that was more expensive. I laughed inwardly.

But these days when I go home, I do not show her everything I got my mother. Even though it is usually the same stuff I got her (what is the point in differentiating?). I leave my parents gifts in my box and only take out my in-laws. When they ask, I turn deaf or say what my parents always say "Please do not spend money and buy stuff for us" So at this time MIL thinks I do not buy anything for my parents :)

2 people like this.