1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Contrasting In-Laws

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sbadam, Apr 28, 2015.

1. sbadam

sbadam New IL'ite

So I have 2 friends (both lost their husbands unfortunately)...

Friend 1: Arranged Marriage. Husband was a great guy...He came from a lower middle class family...studied hard with the help of fellowships and loans...came to US...got a great job...got married...helped his parents, brother and sister for first 5 yrs of marriage...when he went to India with their daughter...he got to know his parents used up all his money blinding him that they were made as investments on his name...knowing this he cut all the ties with them...friend 1 didnt like him cutting the ties with them so tried fixing up thing between them...all was fine for 2/3 yrs...then suddenly her husband passed away here in US...he was sick for few months before...during this time...she exhausted most of their savings...sold her jewellery for the treatment...when she called up her in-laws for some financial help (now they had quite many investments thanks to my friends husband which were not in his or my friends name)...they plainly rejected...saying since doctors have left hope...why do we want to sell the properties? it would be waste of money to do so...( these were said by his own brother and MOTHER...can you believe this?I was shocked)...my friend's husband was so heartbroken during his last days that he asked my friend not to take his body to India instead have the last rites done here...My friend was done with those people the day her husband passed away...

Friend 2: Arranged Marriage. Again a great guy...they were married for 6 years with 2 boys before he passed away...Her husband was ill for almost a year before he passed away...during this time, her husband's sister...brought them into their house...neither my friend nor her husband were working during that time...this is in US where both spouses have to work to have a decent living...her sister in law took care of their housing and food...though most of the medical expenses were covered by insurance..there were other expenses which she bore...once my friend's husband passed away (boys were 2 and 4 years :( ...sad age to loose a parent) she took them in...my friend, her boys...its been 4 years...still my friend lives with them...her sil dotes on the kids as if they were her own...kids call their uncle appa...

Note: Both the friends are working and are happy with their current lives...friend 1 re-married a nice guy...friend 2 doesnt want to and is happy with the life and her 2 precious boys...

Just wanted to write this...to show how contrasting in-laws could be..

Thanks for reading!

4 people like this.

2. Preet82

Preet82 Silver IL'ite

Hi, Its really sad for the lady in the first story. May God be with her and help her.

1 person likes this.
  3. sbadam

sbadam New IL'ite

She is happy now...made a career, has become strong and is building up a great foundation for her daughter

3 people like this.
  4. desichica

desichica Silver IL'ite

sorry to hear that two of your friends had to go through very tough path in their lives. Thanks for sharing.