1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Suffering from in laws and not having full support of husband

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by BUJJITUMMALA, Apr 24, 2015.

1. BUJJITUMMALA

BUJJITUMMALA New IL'ite

HI ladies ,
    I'm from a middle class family , and married since 2012 nov and from the moment my marriage got settled i m suffering after my Engagement we know the truth about my MIL that she is very bad lady her attitude is so rude but at that moment my parents think that its a prestige issue that marriage and they continued doing my marriage and did it . They also feared that if we broke the marriage at this moment she(MIL) will create bad rumors on me and also people said that she is like that but her sons are very good at there attitudes and nature So my marriage was done....
    After My marriage I m facing so many issues right from the beginnning MY MIL has 2 sons and my hubby is the 1st one and the 2nd son is also grown up he is also in 27 of his age she kept him along with us in our single bed room flat after our marriage and also that flat was accompanied by our bigger MIL (sister of my MIL) they are neighbors of our flat in the same floor...... my problems started here when i was married i m doing job now i quieted it 2 yrs back MIL used to call me in the early mrng at 5 'O' clock she asked me to get Milk otherwise outside for packet they will collect Rs.1 extra for each pack and also called me for vegetables and ask me to go for them and after getting them she used to call me did u went for the vegetables what are vegetables u have bought
    and what are costs and the quantity like these her commanding begined on me doing my job along with this household activities i m managing ...................

Days are going on with out any privacy ii from my parents home we r 3 girls but now i have to stay in between 2 boys they are strange to me my hubby also new to me it takes some time for us both to understand but when i used to talk with my hubby his brthr interfere and talk so we keep silent each other........... if we go for any movie BIL complaints it to his mother and she calls me and tell nnot to go out if my hubby asks to come for movie also i have to say no i have household work like that my MIL said to me and also MY BIL also continues to tell me these words ..........

Like this i adjusted in this family for 2 yrs and one day my MIL called me and shouting that somebody told her that his sons are not looking well becoz of no food they are looking weaker and she called me and started shouting i m vexed with her behaviour and shouted on her reversly .She harass me by blaming my parents that they they did'nt given beds and they did'nt given utensils like that she is playing dual role infront of her son's she is staying calm and in the absence of them she is scolding me indirectly ............
    Issues are going on like that my parents given all that they asked but still she is doing same for me she increased the dosage almost and along with this i had PCO's problem she created this as a n issue and also blaming me for this also i can't tolarate all this things i m so disturbed with this behaviour................... any one pls suggest wt to do i m sharing my prblm with u ladies pls give any suggesions are solutions..........

2. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

@BUJJITUMMALA:

Have you started working again now? Its not clear from your post. What is your husband's take on living separately? I see the main issue is caused by your BIL and MIL. Explain to your husband that you want to stay independently, at least your BIL should move out or give you some privacy. Looks like he is interfering intentionally listening to him mother maybe.

How about your parents? Are they willing to help you someway?

1 person likes this.
  3. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

Hi, cool dear...
    Is tht bil still in ur room... Thts so mean and weird.. First of all u need to be attached with your husband.. For tht try having more fun times with him. When your husband calls u for movie or outings it's your duty to go.. U should not say wat your mil say.. First you have to obey husband..right?? So just reply ur mil... The same...
    And regarding bil... He has no right towards u.. U r his bhabhi.. U have the right to order him..not he.. U should change your attitude of lying under their feet.. Be firm and answer politely if they ask u to do this n that.. It doesn't mean u shud run Away from household chores... Do what u feel is right... And when she comment his two sons r weak... Shud have replied " mother if u feel I am noy feeding them enough u pls take the opportunity to make them strong",,I would be delighted to help u to make them fat..:)
    And simply have fun talks with ur husband.. And when bro interfere just mention.. " sorry bro am not talking to u just chill"
    If you r going to let continue the way u r... U will start hating ur life... So just be confident and determined... Love and care ur husband... So that he mite feel to return the same... And might think of supporting u always... And not letting u down...
    All the best.

3 people like this.
  4. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    I understand that your MIL is rude and harsh towards you. How is your husband behaving to you? Is he alright with you. I would suggest do not talk back to MIL or BIL. It will make things worse. Be quiet and carry work. Try to do some course if dh agrees or join job initially as part time to divert your focus.

2 people like this.
  5. BUJJITUMMALA

BUJJITUMMALA New IL'ite

HI ladies ,
    yes i will it clearly now My BIL is not with me he went to abroad on his job and he will vist us once in 3 months and that time My MIL will come to us and stay with us she takes all the control of the kitchen in those days and she will not leave me to go to my husband she always order me to do works one after the other and she will not allow e to cook she alone will cook and serve it to her two sons and remaining she will ate and there will be nothng for me to eat ...
    If i said all this to my hubby and cry infront of him he offers me his food seperately in room to eat.Hidding from his mother he put his food for me but he didn't ask his mother he loves his family very much he dosn't leave his family he don't want to stay seperately or to send away his brother ...
    MY MIL brought up him like that she always tell him that i worked hard to get both of u in thi s place and she tell me that i did very hard to put my family in this position my sons are gold and MY elder son is like RAMA(GOD)........

6. BUJJITUMMALA

BUJJITUMMALA New IL'ite

no i m not working right now i m trying to work again becoz of my health conditions i m taking rest

7. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

@BUJJITUMMALA:
    Keep working on getting a job. What kind of person refuses food to another living under the same roof?! If she is not letting you cook, make something only for yourself before/after she cooks. What is stopping you from confronting your MIL?

Drawing boundaries strictly is the only solution I see here. Is the current house owned by you and your husband? Talk to him and tell him that you will not tolerate such behavior and that he should speak up for you. Offering his food secretly to you cannot be the permanent solution. Involve your parents and let them know what is happening.

8. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

OP,

Why are you taking her calls at 5 am? Switch your phone off and enjoy your sleep.

Assign getting groceries early in the morning to your BIL, if he returns back. Let him get it with his own money. He is staying in your one BHK, with no intention of moving out, and instead of helping, he complains to his mom?

Ask your husband to get at least a 2 BHK, if BIL will stay with you. How does he not understand that a married couple, specially newlyweds, need their privacy? Have you not told him how uncomfortable the current setup is for you?

3 people like this.
  9. BUJJITUMMALA

BUJJITUMMALA New IL'ite

the house is owned by them before our marriage . Before our marriage 2 sons and their father lived together in this house father used to cook for they both ....
    They are very conjues they don't even waste the spoiled rice also and they will count each rupee if i go and cook she will say that u r wasting so much gas and u r pouring lot of water in it so that its taking long time to cook and by this attitude i can't even eat infront of her she feels that i m eating too much and reducing the money of her son and also she did the same in Milk also she gives 3/4th of milk to son and 1/4th to me in the half litre pack

10. BUJJITUMMALA

BUJJITUMMALA New IL'ite

My husband will never accept neither of this becoze he also listens to her mother and he didn't understand my problem but he feels if i cry but he do nothing .................