1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

IL's behaviour, need peace of mind...

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by CuteCherry, Mar 31, 2015.

1. CuteCherry

CuteCherry Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends, came for one more suggestion. Not having peace of mind.
    As I mentioned In my other post, MIL caused so much of pain for me in pre and post-delivery.
    Both my MIL and SIL are so cunning in nature, PFB scenario:
    After DS born, when my MIL asked to send me to their home, my mom told, she will send me at 5[SUP]th[/SUP] month as per custom and more over DS got hospitalized at 11[SUP]th[/SUP] day itself due to fever and now he is recovered. But MIL demanded to send me at 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] month itself. So mom accepted, and my SIL and her uncle came and took me to MIL place.
    On the third day, we went to hospital for his 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] month vaccine, as he had little bit cold and cough, doctor gave some medicine and told once those were cured, he will give vaccine. But due to those medicine reaction, DS got vomits and very high fever on the same day night. I gave him fever medicine, but it didn’t control.
    Next day, I asked Mil to go to hospital. But she told we will go to the yesterday’s doctor only. But I scared and requested (literally begged) her to go the to pediatrician (it takes only 1 hr from my MIL place) to whom we were visiting since his birth. But she didn’t listen and told “Friday I shouldn’t step out with new born baby”, so at last I lost my patience and I told her “ if anything happened to my son, you have to bear the responsibility” as I don’t have any other option, DS is already running 103 temp and not even opening his eyes.
    So finally after lot of drama, we went to hospital and DS got admitted into hospital and MIL went back. I and my mom were at hospital and Ds who just completed 2 months was in lot of pain, and at hospital, they took his blood and water from bone marrow for various tests without Anastasia and we were cried a lot, and I felt like dyeing by listening his cry. At that time SIL called and she told “without listening to our words, you stepped out on Friday, that’s y DS is suffering like that”, I got very angry and I told” my mom told that she will send us in 5[SUP]th[/SUP] month, but u people didn’t listen and due to water change he got infected, at this time also you people are speaking like this, finally my DS is baring pain right”, for this she told” who asked you to come? As you were insisting my bro only, we taken u to my home”.
    This is just for an example.
    Recently SIL got married, they mentioned wrong DOB (2 years less than actual DOB, as she is aging and this is a good proposal and we gave 20L dowry) to groom family, and her ILs are very good people(may be I am feeling jealous comparing them to my ILs). My MIL and SIL are acting so nice and like very good persons with them which is not true even a %.
    By looking their action with SIL’s ILs, am feeling very bad for cheating them and getting thought to reveal their true nature to them (I know it’s wrong, I won’t do also) But this thought is stealing my peace of mind, please advise me, I am becoming cruel here for myself.

2. Saya83

Saya83 Silver IL'ite

@CuteCherry - I am so sorry for you and cant believe people really do behave like this? How can someone be so cruel to a small baby?

Take care of your baby dear, that should be your first priority now. Where is your husband? Is he not staying with you?

And I have one more query. How can someone give wrong Birth year for marriage? Is she already married, or it has just reached the proposal stage? Isn't she(your SIL) educated? I mean in all her education certificates and other document, her original DOB will be present. Then how can someone hide such an information for so long. I am all confused hereWitsend

Anyways you take care of yourself and your LO. Don't get involved in her life as its not going to help you in anyway. Though I am feeling bad for your SIL's family. Poor fellows they are getting cheated here.

1 person likes this.
  3. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Bronze IL'ite

Post Deleted.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  4. CuteCherry

CuteCherry Silver IL'ite

Hi Saya, thank you for your reply. I was on ML at that time, and husband is working at Bangalore.
    Yes, she married last year. Actually they registered wrong DOB at school, as she was not sent to school at the right age(which helped her now). When they start looking proposals, they mentioned right DOB at first, as years passed and marriage getting delay, they increased her DOB each year(For eg: in 2010 mentioned her DOB as 87. later in 2012, mentioned as 88, and in 2014 as 89).

5. YoginiVenkat

YoginiVenkat Silver IL'ite

Hey OP, take care of the baby at the first place. And, if ur mil/sil seems to be creepy in regards to ur baby, do raise your voice and talk. But don't involve in your sil's issues. Its her prob and she will face it. I just wonder how ppl modify their dob this much. Anways, what I feel is, that none of our business. Right now, just chill and enjoy with your new born..

1 person likes this.
  6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Be grateful sil is married into a good family.May be she will stay happy there and stay out of your way.If she is happy....she may realize how she should have been good to you too.
    Pray for her happiness ....a bitter unhappy sil can make life hell for dils.

11 people like this.
  7. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

@CuteCherry:

Its good to see that you gave back to your MIL and SIL too. Next time your MIL and SIL get too involved especially with your baby, ask them to mind their own businesses. Its good to continue with the same pediatrician with whom have been consulting from the beginning. In case your MIL objects, just call your husband or your mom for taking you baby for vaccines and further checkups if any. I don't think you even need to inform your MIL about which doctor you are going to visit.

Avoid your SIL's calls as much as possible and ignore her. If it helps in giving you more peace of mind, stay at your mom's place and visit your in laws from time to time.

3 people like this.
  8. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

omg what false ego people carry...i really feel pity for ur MIL and SIL.
    and dont worry dear I feel so sorry for you dear..but don’t worry I suggest you to please take good care of your son first…

1 person likes this.
  9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,

Please send off this SIL from the house, so that you will have only one donkey at a time to deal with (Sorry to call your MIL like this here). You revealing the truth will only delay her marriage. Also, a bitter unsettled SIL can be dangerous. Stay out of their business.

Dont feel J about her would-be in laws. Who knows, like yours they may also be acting.

Now, it was cruel from their part to let the tiny baby suffer just because it was a Friday. What a foolish custom. What if you were in labor on Friday? What if the kid was suffering with heart attack? Thank God, you managed to come out to save your LO.

The next time, if things happen as such, please stay strong. Why do you depend on them for the Dr visit? Just take the baby and go out. While going out, just inform them about your location.

What was your H's stand when this 3rd month Vs 5th month battle between you and MIL upon your child birth?
    Why didn't you convince him for an extended stay at your mom's place?

Since your mom lives reasonably closer to your residence, it is easy to get their support too.

1 person likes this.
  10. CuteCherry

CuteCherry Silver IL'ite

Thank you SGBV for your reply. Actually, my H acted as momma's boy and forced me to go to IL's home, in the pretext of his mom wants to stay with her Grand son for few days.(But, he forgot/ignore the truth that, same grand mother asked me to abort my child, when I informed her my pregnancy)