1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

updates on MIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by deepideepi, Mar 14, 2015.

1. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    Its been one week my PIL is here living with us. They will be here for 3 months:drowning. Now my every second is like a hour and a hour is like a day. i don't know how i will spend 3 months with this lady.:spin

1st day they came at 5:30 in the morning. my husband went to receive them. door bell rang and i ran to entrance, i opened main door expecting that DH will be there standing first among them but noo oh my god my MIL was there all alone standing outside the door like a statue. her hair was looking like somebody pulled her hair from both side.:rotfl and as usual she was chewing her gutka. Oh that smell. that smell reminded me all wrong things she did to me. I hate that smell..i really hate that smell.:help

I was so nervous..what to do and i smiled...she was blank..:evil: she opened her sandle(that old one with pale yellow leather. she didn't wore which i gifted her.) and get inside.It was very awkward moment. Then FIL and DH came with laguage. I touched both MIL n FIL feet. FIL said khus raho and i don't remember what she said or she said or not.

2 people like this.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hang in there! And vent here. 3 months should pass by eventually.

3 people like this.
  3. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

u guys r my stress boosterhugsmiley

4. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

day 2nd
    She started her conspiracy to force me get pregnant. She called my innocent 3 years DD to go ask ask me chota baby kab ayega ..i was in next room and hearing all thing. MY DD came and asked me chota baby kab ayega mummy chota baby kab ayega. It was so embarrassing. I distracted DD. She started playing and went to MIL simply. Then she asked:- "kya boli?" my daughter replied:- ha? kya dadi, kya dadi?. she forgot why she send her to me:rotfl

3 people like this.
  5. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

day 3
    she may have thought indirect questioning in not working. both of us were watching TV after breakfast and suddenly she began conversation.
    MIL: u r still using birth control pills?
    Me::confused2: (unexpected question, didn't know what to say as i was not having any pills. His son is been using protection. i was mute
    MIL: sab koi puchrahahe ki tumlogoka ek hi baccha hoga..
    Me: Aap logokoto ladka chahiye.:cry:
    MIL: ha o sab mene sochke rakhahe. Native place me ek doctor aaihe check karke batayegi ki ladka he ya ladki. agar ladki rahi to sathme abortion kardegi
    Me:whaatsmiley but didn't said anything i thought i would be better if my husband will handle this matter.

2 people like this.
  6. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

whaaaaaaaaat????

you need to stand up for this. First of all, when you hear her using your child as a messenger, you need to directly say, "please stop using MY child for your curiosity."

Next that frigging comment about abortion??? You need to look her in the eye and say, "do you know it is unlawful and you could be in jail for talking like this?" Then walk away and refuse to talk about this. About your contraception, give a blank look and say, "it is out business. If we wish to have another child, we shall. We will decide when that will happen." If you can try to get details of that doctor and send it to the papers/ womens org/ satyamev jayate....

12 people like this.
  7. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Btw, what's your husbands stand on this nonsense???

1 person likes this.
  8. abla

abla Gold IL'ite

Just out of curiosity .Do people still touch PIL's /Elder's feet in real life ? Ive only seen in in serials thats why the doubt .

2 people like this.
  9. abla

abla Gold IL'ite

Btw about your issue now .Try to get out of home everyday for few hrs .Some classes/course etc.

1 person likes this.
  10. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Whaaaat!!!

OP, you cannot be silent for such a comment. You HAVE to react. tell her 'ye gairkanooni hai. thum sab ko jail mein dal denge.

Aap ko jail jaana pasand hai kya? aapke bete ko jail mein daal denge.

Tell some version of the above clearly each and every time she brings this up. Each and every time. sometimes you have to repeat several times for it to get into their heads. The law is relatively new and this belief is ages old. so it will take time for it to penetrate and for her to understand this is the new reality.

6 people like this.