1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fed up daughter-in-laws wish to tell all this to their mother-in-laws… but can’t. :(

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Afterunion, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Afterunion

Afterunion Senior IL'ite

"I am truly grateful for a husband like mine and I love him to the fullest. But for the hundredth time, please don’t tell me that I only deserve my husband because of your “mercy”. We aren’t beggars. We do have self-respect.
    Stop hammering our heads about how your son is like Ambani in wealth, Steve Jobs in intelligence, Lord Narayana in every aspect. (Yet we are never respected like Goddess Lakshmi)"

"Will you stop over exaggerating about your “perfect” daughter who is not a match for me in any possible way! I agree, she is greater, prettier, smarter, cleverer, humbler than I am! Case closed. Now stop comparing her housekeeping methods, lifestyles and parenting strategies to mine."

"Stop taking us down your memory lane every other day! Your constant blabbering on how your in-laws treated you and yet how you survived the deadliest battle of family life only because of your Kind-Heart is very interesting…. for the 1st or 2nd time. But I have been hearing the same old boring sacrifice story for the last 5 years. Give me a break!"

Do you Agree?

P.S. Please take it with a pinch of salt.
    I don’t mean to imply that all mothers-in-law have destructive/aggressive/sadist behavior. In fact, I do agree that some of them are sweetest to the core. I am talking about the kind of women who sometimes drive DIL’s to nuts.
    P.P.S. Copied this from a blog I found online ;)

2. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Re: Fed up daughter-in-laws wish to tell all this to their mother-in-laws… but can’t.

You should be my co-sister :D

3. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Re: Fed up daughter-in-laws wish to tell all this to their mother-in-laws… but can’t.

I would say:
    "Please stop boasting about the amount of household work you ladies used to do back in the olden days..Those days women did not have to work so they just had to cook & clean and had sufficient time for rest..The modern day women have much more **** to deal with..juggling home, office, kids, demanding bosses, interfering in-laws, bad commutes, work pressure etc. "

nakshatra1, indubalram and Afterunion like this.
  4. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

My MIL use to gaga.. about how she was ill treated by her MIL, SIL's BIL's etc etc and how she silently faced those ill-treatment with an un-supportive spouse, who was scared to utter a single word against his famly.. according to her if I was in her place I would have ran away the very first day but because it was her she managed to stay on :thumbsup

The actual fact...
    The so called Bharitiya Ideal Bahu managed to come out of her in laws place with in a year of marriage, the so called coward husband followed her like an innocent Puppy, not enough she fought with her BIL and SIL's and cut all ties with them not even allowing her hubby to have some decent relationship with his side of family, In fact she she poisoned her children's mind that their parental relatives are all monsters and they started to dislike them from the beginning and have not seen some of them.
    Not but the least she didnt bother to attend her MIL's funeral.

Coming to me , she said I would run away the very first day, but I managed to stay with her and take care of her till her death.

5. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

It can as well be me ranting....bugged by the same talks at home by in-laws Witsend

6. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

saas bhi kabhi bahu thi?thinkingsmiley

7. desposhwetha

desposhwetha Gold IL'ite

Ok! Looks like mothers of sons above 50 , regardless of state and caste are one and the same through out India.
    I tot only my Ex-MIl was the kinda " tele serial soap villainous MIL".
    Nothing more to add, but I agrre with almost everything that has been mentioned.