1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Post delivery staying with mom or in law?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by pravi9, Feb 27, 2015.

1. pravi9

pravi9 New IL'ite

Hi all,

i just wish to know abt others thoughts also whether my thoughts are wrong. i prefer and willing to stay with my mother after delivery that too C-Section till 5 to 6 months.though could manage with in laws for very few days not more then that.which one you prefer and how long? your views are welcome.......

2. shivani1

shivani1 Senior IL'ite

I would like to stay with Mother. In USA my Mil was their for my delivery.. She took care of me but not like my mother. She did it as if she is doing some kind of mercy on me.. stay with ur mother.. You can stay for 3 or 4 months. You can convince ur hubby..

3. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

I would not like to stay with someone else, would prefer to stay in my home with my husband and the baby.

6 people like this.
  4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Of course with moms. No one can replace a mom's care and love, specially during this special time. Of course i could very well manage both my pregnancies and post-deliveries all alone (with H and a nanny), i preferred my mom to get back some pampering and affection.

In my opinion, reasonable MILs will be supportive, more caring for the babies than moms. Sometimes, their old wives tale stories could upset us. Though we here almost same stuff from moms, we are tuned to it; thus adjustment is easy.

A couple of month is fine. You can completely heal yourself from c-sec and learn your baby within a month unless there are complications. So, better move back to your own house and live with your immediate family.

3 people like this.
  5. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I would prefer to stay with my husband and new born kid. Might be I'll hire a cook and full time maid for help. But my mom is living near by twenty mins away in my case, so doesn't make a big difference.

2 people like this.
  6. Vanilasky

Vanilasky Silver IL'ite

I would prefer to stay with my mom only if it's first delivery and if its a second delivery I would ask my mom to come over to my place so that I can stay with DH and elder kid also.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

With my husband for sure. If mom can come to my home and help me for sometime, that's a bonus.

2 people like this.
  8. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

C section is not a big deal .

For my first , I had both sets of parents together at my place which was stressful during delivery . Then i stayed with mom for couple of months and my mom in law for a month withot my husband being there . It was good .

for my second one , my mom in law was there for pregnancy and delivery . My mom came in the third month. It was good too .

Depends on your relationship wih your inlaws and how much you can adapt to their type advice and care .

9. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I would prefer my MOM over everything. For outside work - groceries I would need a man so DH is also needed. Other than that, my DH was creating extra tension by throwing tantrums over home cooked plain food, not being able to eat spicy stuff etc.

( I know it was because of my mom. He becomes a tamed dog with his mother..seriously and I become bad one then)

Though my mother came post baby and I thought I do not need any external help but later I realized how big help she was.
    With nanny you can not give your baby and try to sleep. My mother was waking up 3-4 am for baby that nanny will not do.

With ILs, I am too formal and even in health state I do not want to stay with her.

10. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

Totally depends on your comfort level with either. Even though you will be free with your Mom, if your H and your mom dont share a good rapport, it will be hell.