1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

who is more important guest either SIL or my parents at my home?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Reesha, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

hi to all ILites,

My boy 1st birthday is coming. so we are going to celebrate it in big way at my home. for this occasion, my SIL(who is 10 yrs elder than me) is coming with her 6yr old kid. as well as my parents also coming. but my SIL will come 2 days before compare to my parents. our's is 3BHK, one os for us, one os for In-laws. so we have one guest bed room only.now she will occupy that one because she is coming first. today i had discussion with MIL regarding bed arrangement in b/w guests..

i said you(MIL) & SIL with kid can adjust on king size bed in your room. FIL can take single mattress on floor in same room. but MIL said, No no FIL will not slept on floor. he will use king size bed only. (in real he used to slept on floor for past 6 months before we buy cot for them :evil:. bigger SIL cant share bed with her father right? she cant sleep with her kid on single mattress. ).

my parents are very adjusting type personalities that they will wish to take sleep on middle of the Hall on floor also for other's convenient. but i don't like to keep them on floor. i wish to assign guest bedroom for them because they are very rare guest to my home comparatively SIL. they will stay for only 2 days.

i dont want to discuss things with DH because it is silly matter.

how i can say to SIL that she has to vacate guest bed room & should adjust in her parents room while my parents coming?

SIL is having 15 yr of family running experience. so when ever she comes, she is trying to give suggestion to me in case of cooking & parenting which makes me irritated inside. this time i am going to back fire on her. basically i am reserved girl & straight forward nature. i used over talking when ever i need it. but dont like to chat unnecessarly. but SIL will do & will pick any silly matter & able to do long discussion on it. so she will make up a image that she is trying to close with me. but i am avoiding. how much time i can make engage her with talks? i feel that any over talking leads to misunderstandings. so i am avoiding her maximum. but this time she is going to stay 4 days. so suggest me any other methods to escape from her torcher.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

If your parents are coming only for two days...then you ,your husband and kid could move into the living room. If that is too many people on a mattress...you can make your child sleep with your parents or in laws.Don't ask Fil to sleep on the floor.

As for sil's meddling ...this is your son's birthday,don't do anything to spoil it.You and your son should be the star now.If you pick this time to deal with sil....you will just take the focus away from the 'stars'.
    One way to avoid the meddling is to plan everything very well before hand. If she tries to 'advice' ,just tell everything is planned in advance and things are already in motion.That way you can keep her from interfering. Or you could just give her the job of blowing all the balloons. She will be too tired and out of breadth to interfere.

sindmani, swarnae, bron and 16 others like this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You had a discussion with MIL on a silly matter?

3 people like this.
  4. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

@yellowmango, trust you to come up with out of the box suggestions! Where do you get them from? :)

4 people like this.
  5. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

You and hubby move out of your room. Give your room to parents. End of matter.

sindmani, abla, anika987 and 3 others like this.
  6. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

If it was a normal Indian style family, SIL would be sharing guest room with Reesha's mom, her kid would be sleeping with grandparents and Reesha's dad would be in the hall!!! And if Reesha's kid was older than 1, he would also be in the hall listening to grandpa's stories !!!
    Separate rooms for each guest??? How is it possible during weddings and other functions?? The sheer number of relatives!!! Women share a room for privacy and men bunk out in the hall !!!

sindmani and tarasharma like this.
  7. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

1st bedroom: mil, sil, baby
    2 nd: husband, fil
    3 rd: your parents

Looks like you go on the floor...

5 people like this.
  8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Experience...:)

3 people like this.