1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

FIL is giving trouble

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by BuviVishal, Jan 29, 2015.

1. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Dear ladies,

On behalf of my friend i am posting this post

My friend's brother's marriage is happened on 27th nov, He is working in malaysia. after marriage he was moved to malaysia by leaving his newly married wife with his parents. seems she is very homely girl
    . my friend is also moved to US with her husband.

after few days my friend's father misbehaving (double meaning words, touching the hands) with his DIL. Friend's mother is too innocent she dosen't know about this. he is doing these when his wife is not at home. Looks she many times faced the problem. since she treated her SIL (My friend) as a friend she informed to her. she doesnt know what to do.. she is never expect this.

That girl feel glitty to share this to others. both my friend and her brother finding the way to avoid this. he is planning to come to india within two months. till that time how she will pass the days... she is getting afraid that if anyone knows me separated the home by putting fight since newly married.

what is the way to stop this??? my friend told if anything he did scold on his face. but he is fearing to do. can i help on this??? i thought since this is her family problem i cant interfere but if any other ways is there without my involvment i can do. please give some ideas..

2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Ask the girl to immediately leave for her parents house and stay there till her husband takes her with him.

It is her choice if she wants to inform her MIl and parents about the real issue but it is not acceptable to stay with pils anymore .

6 people like this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Tell her to leave for her parents place.I would also suggest she inform her mil at least as she will be expected to live in the same house sometimes.There is no point hiding this.She should tell her husband and move to parents house immediately.If it takes time and he misbehaves during this time...tell her to use the threat of police .That will sort out the creep.

If required...she should also inform her mother.

5 people like this.
  4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I won't be surprised if this is not his first misbehavior. People just do not start of by misbehaving like this with their son's wife.The fact that his children accepted it without a doubt means he is not new to this.

3 people like this.
  5. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

God what a creep man. Tell your friend to be bold. She does not have to be scared or anything but she has to protect herself. Next time he touches her tell her to look into his eyes and say no don't you do that, I won't be an easy target for you, I know what's in your mind so just stop it. I am sure he will know his place then and there. Tell her to leave for her parents.

I have a frd frd her fil used to do cheap talk a lot. When she was newly married just after a few days her father in law was telling her do not take contraceptive pills they may cause trouble in conception, the best contraceptive is condom. when she was alone fil told her hum u guys sleep very late. I saw the light was on even after mid night. After a few days her husband left for another country and she was at her in laws for a few months, fil told her oh you must missing your husband, are you able to sleep well at night because when he was here both of you used to sleep very late. She never said anything just left the place. She was very timid back then. His pils cam to help her when she was pregnant. When she was 8 months pregnant once he told infront of mil can you bend and rub some cream on my knees because I have joint pains. She was frustrated. I used to tell her that she has to speak up. her baby was born with normal delivery and she had sitches, once she was about sit fil told her oh please gently you have stitches down there let me put a soft cushion under you. After putting the cushion fil said are your stitches still sore or they have healed. When she used to breastfeed fil used to tell her is your son latching well, I hope he doesn't bite. She always found it too offensive once she told her husband he was a spine less jerk he said so what my dad cares for you. Once he said something like I hope your breast doesn't feel too heavy because you seem to have good milk supply and that was it my friend said enough she gave him a good dose. After that he never opens his mouth infornt of my frd.

6. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

This is a serious issue.

She should say calmy "Please remove your hand", "How can you talk so indecently?" etc.

She should leave for her parents' place as soon as she can. Her husband should be the one to communicate her decision to leave to MIL, preferably only just in time for her to leave. Once she is out of there, her husband can tell MIL about this. No need to inform any thing to FIL.

It is her husband who should do every thing to ensure her safety. He should convey to MIL that they will not visit/will not allow FIL to visit them, because of his indecent behavior.

I feel there is no point expecting this shameless man to repent his behavior. Best that she and her husband stop interacting with him.

7. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

He deserves a tight slap or a slipper or broom treatment and needs to be shamed in front of his wife.

There is no need to explain his behavior - this treatment will speak volumes for the rest of his life.

8. dreamyviji

dreamyviji Senior IL'ite

BuviVishal,

Ask your friend to be bold.
    Have your friend to make sure to have a proof of his behaviour somehow(a recording or whatever).
    Have her husband talk to his dad about this and have the man do an apology and promise to behave to her.
    Move out of the place immediately after.
    This behaviour is probably going on and she is the new victim. The man probably needs some help.

1 person likes this.
  9. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

She need to tell this to her husband and move to her parents place.