1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What to do ? How to react with husband urgent please help ?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by newby2014, Jan 27, 2015.

1. newby2014

newby2014 New IL'ite

i posted few days back as how my inlaws clearly do nothing for us and only for SIL . ofcourse, they treat us like money making machines, suppose to give them and SIL all the time. Me and sil pregnant at the same time, made my husband realize and accept it that MIL is wrong in giving favours only to SIL. But then guess what afterwards ????? Nothing ...he is talking to them the same way, rather more protective of them and have not uttered a word since then...

my parents are coming to help, but it does not matter to him.He never feels that my family have been there whenever we need help financially or emotionally. But he has this fear that his family will be lft behind if he agrees to this fact .also he is getting more concerned for his parents and is calling them more often wherein i feel so disrespected because of them that I dnt feel like hearing my MIL voice and pretending as if she cares....

I dnt know what to do...this is just one incident but the past history with inlaws being mean, rude to me and husband covering them up and being mean, rude to my family is haunting me now...

what shall i do ? shall I bring him to his attention or just let it pass....

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Let it pass.You enjoy your pregnancy.(Congratulations:party)
    Be thankful to God that you both are pregnant at the same time because of which you get to have your parents over for delivery. ....count your blessing .Imagine your mil irritating you in person instead of phone.So chill.Put your feet up and make plans of how you will enjoy your Maa ka Khana.(mom's food).

As for husband talking....they are his family dear...he is not going to stop talking to them even if he realizes they are not fair.Infact ...he may try to get closer to them to become the favorite. So just chill. He is talking on phone...while your parents are coming in person to meet you and stay with you.YAY!!!!:2thumbsup:

9 people like this.
  3. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

dont lose this time for unneccessary fights.enjoy about ur lo. stay happy and chilled and let no one rob u of your happiness. these are most blissful days. dont let them go for someones sake. be happy end enjoy ur pregnancy

4. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

Your DH plays his cards, right. They are his family and he is not going to give up, no matter what they did to you. But, in reality he knows what is right and wrong.

It will take some time for him to warm up towards your parents. For your parents, it is different because he is their son-in-law and they accepted him immediately.

You are going to be a mother soon, accept the facts and treat ILs with respect or learn to 'play' the drama like your MIL.

Enjoy your pregnancy. It is one of the moments you will remember rest of your life!

1 person likes this.
  5. Jas8085

Jas8085 Gold IL'ite

Your inlaws probably taunt him "oh you forgot us" " oh your wife means more to you now" " why don't u start calling your inlaws mom and dad - forget about us"

my inlaws do. That makes my husband very cautious in dealing with me/ my family. He fights with me for ridiculous reasons every single time we go to india and talk crap. He tells me infront of them how much his family means to him etc....It's all because of insecurity/guilt/tension mil creates in him. He is scared of having a good life that doesn't involve his parents! They disapprove and withhold affection. Which obviously is the controlling factor.

Mil wins hands down every single time. SIL once said to dh on whattsapp "oh your wife means more than me now" I made him reply "yes she does" . That shut her up (for time being)

ignore what inlaws say. Keep contacts with them to absolute minimum. Enjoy with ur parents. If dh acts funny, ignore him. Give him silent treatment if necessary.

Don't take any stress. Give the best possible start to the baby inside u. Eat well and be happy.

4 people like this.
  6. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

You are engaging in negative thoughts. Just let it go. It's all petty in the end. Take care of yourself. In the big picture all this is too silly. If you have to fast forward, your mil will like your SIL's kid on facebook after delivery and ignore yours (like some people wrote in these pages)! So what? just be prepared and not set yourself up for disappointments.

Be happy and look at what you have and be thankful! You will be happy. What you don't have is the IL's overwhelming support. Big deal (unless you make it so!).

1 person likes this.
  7. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Let it go. Do you have health issues or why do you need help for your pregnancy? Be glad that you your SIL is pregnant and MIL is jumping around there. Wouldn't it be a nightmare having her around at that precious time?

8. Jas8085

Jas8085 Gold IL'ite

STOP expecting help or any support from MIL. her daughter is anyday more important to her than you. Its natural. Dont expect equal status as SIL in the family. it will never happen. you have ur parents who will give u all the love and support u need. Why crave for someone elses support?

Just ignore your mil and spend this precious time appreciating what u have. Be positive and happy. Let ur husband do anything with his parents. Leave him to sulk.
    Happiness is contageous. Positivity attracts people. He will start to enjoy life too.

9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Hi Newby
    think about your baby and nourish only positive thoughts now. Be happy you have your parents support.

I once heard this a man to his daughter : you ladies always think about your in-laws esp during your pregnancy and later worry that your child is an exact copy of your MIL :(

Relax and be positive and enjoy your pregnancy. TC

10. luc

luc Silver IL'ite

Well its his parents his family they came before you did. He is what he is because of them. just imagine if you have a son he gets married and your DIL is trying to break your relationship with your son how will you feel? Sometimes PIL get insecure about there son when they are married, they feel they will be left alone and no one will be there to look after them so thats why they try to hold on to there son even tighter. And think in your hubbys shoes he is there son how can he just stop talking to them stop caring for them, its not possible... You know it took me forever to realize and still there are times when i have to keep realizing it that i have to let my hubby go to my PIL because its obvious that he loves them more. And the reason i am dealing this way is because we have a son and i am hoping he grows up seeing his dad how he takes care of his parents and learns from him. You know what goes around comes around ,,, so don't do anything that will harm you later. Be nice to your in laws or just pretend. Let your hubby see that and even after they don't treat you right then trust me he will speak up one day but you need to be patience... And even if he doesn't who cares you are doing your duty.. You know sometimes you should do things without expecting and then when you get appreciated out of the blue that feeling is the best... Just do things without any expectations...

1 person likes this.