1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Relationship with in - laws on social media

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by nb25, Jan 7, 2015.

1. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

Thank god.. I don't have an account in moo-kitaab

2 people like this.
  2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Great description! :rotfl

2 people like this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

LOL! What extreme steps one is forced to take to protect one's privacy. The safest way out, I guess, is to have only non-controversial stuff on one's page.

3 people like this.
  4. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

I agree with you that the safest way is to have non-controversial stuff on your page, its the smart and practical thing to do. But someone like me who has a little imp in the back of the head, questions me do I want to change my opinion, my thought process, what i want to share with the world for my conservative inlaws? Sometimes I put really crude opinions about various issues in my status updates....and I dont want to stop doing that....so I came up with this solution !! :p :p !! The little imp wins! :D

2 people like this.
  5. satchitananda

Fair enough Weasly. But then what happens if ILs see what you say? You have the freedom of thought and speech, right? What can they do?

2 people like this.
  6. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Thats very true..freedom of speech and thought !! When I look at the bigger picture I really dont think it will affect me if they see what I think .....but at the same time I just wanted to avoid head on collision !! :p :p (which is very unlike me cause my moon sign is Taurus and we looouve head on collisions) hehe

1 person likes this.
  7. satchitananda

Just go ahead and be yourself. Let them like it or lump it. Sooner or later they will learn to accept you just the way you are.

3 people like this.
  8. SimplelLife

SimplelLife Silver IL'ite

I am sorry for you situation but its not that big as you think of... you can simply put them under restricted list where they will be your friend but their access to your profile is limited as public and if you want to share something with them, make another list and put them under that but dont forget to make them 'except the name of the list'. For tagging.. go to timeline and tagging under settings..click on "Review tags people add to your own posts before the tags appear on Facebook? " in this way they can tag you but you have the authority to allow then on your timeline. If You dont want to be friends with your co-sis or other such people.. simply put her under restricted list. I hope I have solved your problem at some extent.

9. Anamika99

Anamika99 Gold IL'ite

It is easy to create circles in FB now, untag, delete / hide somebody's post on ur wall.

U can easily manage it.

10. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

I know the options for privacy, tagging / untagging, etc. I am not looking for those options here. I just want to know if any of you faced these problems, and how you handled it, without alienating PILs.