1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Was this rude by my in-laws

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by indubalram, Oct 30, 2014.

1. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

I had been living abroad with my DH and a daughter who was just 1 and 1/2 year old baby. By dh hates his Co sis, they always keep fighting for all issues. My dh feels all the problems at home is due to her. They have a son who's poonal function was organised back in chennai. My MIL is in full support to my co sis. Co sis has a bro who were also living abroad. So she organised the function dates according to their suitable dates. But way back since my FIL was not alive, my co-sis and BIL had actually organised my seemandham etc..

Now the invitation for poonal came to us and my Dh told them since the dates dont suit, I cannot attend. But he sent me to attend the function but said he will try to come on the day of the function. So I went with my little daughter a couple of days before the function.
    Just night before function my DH called and told them he cannot come. Now all fumes on her face she showed it on me. She said in front of every1 (my MIL & BIL) all present. She says who asked you to come, literally saying get lost.
    Was that right from her side to show her anger? what do you think of her behaviour?

2. indubalram

Would appreciate your views ILS! Thank you

3. indubalram

I wonder y no response. Was my question not worth it?

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Dear Op...your co sis was extremely rude and showed her lack of class. I hope you ignored it at that time. It is just not worth it.

How does someone invite a person and behave like that?Just some plain rotten upbringing. I feel now you don't have to make any effort to get along or be close to such a person.In future...be formal and maintain distance.Your mil is probably dependent on them and hence did not respond(I don't know about your equation with her)....so I would not judge her harshly. Just think of this as good riddance to bad rubbish.Now you have a reason to avoid them in future.

Cheers dear...she is not worth your concern.

2 people like this.
  5. indubalram

Thank you so much. It was at past night she screamed on top of her voice. I had to go to isd booth to call my DH at night and tell him. He told me just ignore attend the function. No one likes her in in laws family. in fact my FIL's brother has disconnected with her (her family)totally. He just says if they try entering my house I will show slippers. God is great!

6. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

To be honest, she is not right to show or ask you to go just coz your husband didnt show up. She should know tht flying out from US to India for a function is not always possible. And above all you and your daughter is there.

Don't say anything to her. Just attend the function and spend the rest of the days with your parents.

7. indubalram

Thank you for your response. Thats what I did! Just wanted to know if her action is justified.

8. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

She is extremely rude . Your DH is also at blame here , he did not come and then ask you ignore her unwelcome comments . He should asked you get away from that place immediately.

since you already attended the function , you can only stay away from her in future but you definitely need to talk to
    your husband how irresponsible and insensitive he is towards you. They are his relatives , he needs to handle politics in his family and not put onus on you like he did here and escaped his obligation .

1 person likes this.
  9. indubalram

Thank you for your response. Ya agreed about my husband. he hates her. Is this the reason she shows anger on me?

10. scale

scale Silver IL'ite

What do you think of her behaviour? - Don't think anything about her. Just ignore and move on. Nobody is going to say anything against you in this forum unless that co-sister herself responds here:)

Losing your temper is foolish; ignoring an insult is smart. (Proverbs 12:16)