1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to realize husband that relationship with Inalws is very money oriented

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Goahead, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Goahead

Goahead Silver IL'ite

my husband fails to see that everytime we give tons of money to inlaws or SIL , they are nice to us for sometime and they get to their original self after few months. The cycle then repeats again. I have noticed this since the beginning of our marriage and have not been able to convince him on that . He says that his parents need respect . and I say their respect is how much we give to them and SIL . otherwise we are the same, treating them the same all the time, how come we are not respecting after few months when we gave some big amount or gift ????

problem is i cant say all this directly on his face. i have tried to tell him indirectly but either he ignores or simply fails to understand . he fights with me taking their side and proving how nice and simple people they are ....

his parents gives expensive gifts to SIL all the time but never to us and only expects from us...i think this is simply wrong and he need to understand that we dnt have to give mil or sil expensive gifts or huge cash for no reason...

2. LilOntarioAngel

LilOntarioAngel New IL'ite

I have posted about this very same thing. We send $500.00 a month (canadian) every month and his sister who lives in the US sends to same amount every month as well to his mother, brother and brothers wife (who both work) in India yet it's never ever enough. They are under the illusion that we living abroad have money trees where we can go and just pluck money off and give to them. He now only calls once a month (they never call us) and the only reason for this call is to give them the money gram information. I don't understand it.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  3. Anamika99

Anamika99 Gold IL'ite

Very tricky situation.

no need to point out how they behave due to money..instead control how much money you would give.

1) note down all your expenses...i said this in other thread. It is tedious but eye opener.
    it will help you manage expenses including gift giving

2) Have financial advisor to plan ur retirement and kids school/college...keep aim little higher (say after retiring being able to take two vacation in year instead of one, plan to send to kid to yale instead of some local college etc)
    this will help you save every month and will help hubby to realize for future saving may reduce his gift giving

3) plan out for the entire year when u need to give gifts to inlaws and SIL say bdays diwali etc, and for how much. This will reduce if extra gift giving is happening

1 person likes this.