1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

worried abt past issues

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by preet7433, Sep 15, 2014.

1. preet7433

preet7433 New IL'ite

Yesrterday my sil delivered her second child. Ofcourse I am happy but am more terrified recounting my past experiences after my sil delivered her first. Until then everything was ok..my mil commented it doesn't bother me who has a child first... I just want to become a granny.Both daughter and dil are same to me. But the moment her daughter delivered her child, all these sugar-coated words went down the drain. She did everything she cud to torture me: calling and shouting at my mother, insulting me abd my mother in front of relatives on every other special occassion, blaming me for her sons( dh) ilness, shedding tears saying my family will end with my son, poisoning my husband's ears saying all your friends havr child..only you dont have..why luck has been cruel to you etc etc. We went to rameshwaram temple as per astrologer advice. My mil asked me after 6 mths whats the use of going to rameshwaram, simply money wasted. After bearing much, i finally retaliated. She cursed me my dil would also do the sane to me as she feels I am trying to create rift between her and her son. I dont care though..

All these thoughts are haunting me.. yesterday sil delivered the baby late night..they informed dh today morning and kept the phone. I gave my courtesy call and fil lied saying I called your no. but u didnt pick up eventhough he had not called a single time. He told the same to dh also..i am afraid another set of issues are on the way. My sil had commented after her first delivery that I was jealous of her. Thus I have nobody on my side. My mil has her daughter, husband and son by her side. I have only dh whosva silent spectator and tells me to ignore things as he can do nothing abt it.

Dont know what to do.. am I overreacting??

Preet

2. Shina

Shina Gold IL'ite

You think women would be able to understand another woman's pain but it is awful to see them making a Dils life miserable like this. Alas when will this stop and women will become each others ally and help one another face the troubles that life throws at us.

Just give them back i say.When she said that money was wasted in going to the temple as u did not fall pregnant just say ya another thing i requested from God was that i hope i am treated nicely but certainly money wasted there too as look at how i am being treated.When sil says u r jealous sarcastically say yes i am jealous of ur sweet gentle nature , how i wish i could empathise with other womens' problems just like you.

Give back sometimes and also totally ignore other times when u dont have the energy .Develop a thick skin and any negative thing they say let it be like water on a ducks back in other words dont let it affect u one tiny bit.all the best.

3. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

If people are so bad - better don't waste time, keep away and don't maintain social relationship too - if people ask why you don't come for family functions - do say it is because of the ill treatment. Let them know so that they don't trouble you further.

Be polite but stern when you say this.

1 person likes this.
  4. JigsSM

JigsSM Silver IL'ite

Yes you husband is telling the right thing IGNORE. Because you will get this kind of people everywhere. Just wait for your time. Time will heal everything. You need utter a word as well. but if you feel sometimes you can but remember your words as it can be counter attacked later sometime :)

5. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

You have your DH at your side !!!! That is all counts !!!

As your DH says, ignore, ignore, ignore.

6. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Op - do you think you are over reacting??? I think you are under- reacting. You PIL or SIL deserve no respect. You can either cut contact with them (while ttc you really don't need their poison in your life) or give as good as you get. At least out of fear of retaliation, they will leave you alone.

I am not sure how it is possible to ignore the very people who are supposed to be family and should love and support you while going through the painful journey of ttc.

1 person likes this.
  7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Crass people!
    I would limit contact to the bare minimum, and restrict your interaction with them once you have your baby.

1 person likes this.
  8. Grihani

Grihani Gold IL'ite

Lady, your MIL and SIL are MEAN. They are not behaving with you in a humane way. And how dare they drag your mother into this? And are you as a woman only at fault for not having a kid? Why don't they ever treat their son the same way? It shows how they discriminate only against you. Don't excuse in this matter. Keep a mile away from them, do not call, talk and avoid in every way possible. Having a child is a personal matter between the couple, you are the ones who will enjoy or take the trouble in raising that child, whatever the reason of not having a child, by reason or by choice it is ONLY between you two. By NOT getting affected you will be putting across that thinking to them. Tell them directly they are being mean and hurtful and then keep a distance. No relationship whatsoever. And yes, your husband has to speak up and tell them to keep quiet, till then they will continue to behave so.

9. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

Reduce contacts with them.Stop talking to mil sil.
    That's really cruel behavior on their part.