1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Working women problems-How to handle

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by AnithaAnand18, Sep 1, 2014.

1. AnithaAnand18

AnithaAnand18 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Due to time constraint i am not able to get along and participate in the all functions in our family and friend circle.My working hours are too long(9am-9pm) When I get off, I dont find time to complete my domestic activities itself.But My husband wants me to get streched to attend all the functions which makes me so tired and stressed and sometimes in laws dont understand our problems.I am so confused how to handle these situations?
    Thanks,
    Anitha

2. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Choose some functions that others of you again and take a leave and attend. Once there is a financial impact, his request will be less.

2 people like this.
  3. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Yes yes, take unpaid leaves! Tht will teach them a lesson!
    U cnt hv ur cake n eat it too! Come on!!

1 person likes this.
  4. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Would you like to attend the functions ? If yes , then take may be half a day leave Nd attend.

i know that many working people in India do not take their leaves and ultimately loose these leaves , so it is beneficial use up the allowed no of leaves every year . Our companies really don't give any incentive if we don't take leaves , so use them if not for functions atleast to take time out of the hectic job .

5. Afterunion

Afterunion Senior IL'ite

I do agree that its not easy to manage between work, home and relatives.

Firstly, talk to your husband and in-laws. Make them understand that you hardly have time for functions and parties because of your office timings. Tell them that you will try to make it whenever you can. And let them know that you do enjoy the family events but cannot make it.

For eg: Lets say you have a family event and you did not attend it. You can tell your hubby and in-laws how you wished you had attended the event, and how much you miss family gatherings.
    You can even call them up in the middle of the function to say that you wish you were there.
    Learn to talk smart and defend yourself verbally.

Secondly, its actually better if you sometimes attend a function occasionally. And whenever you attend an event, put your best possible self out. Treat people with respect and be friendly. Show that you do care and entertain family members, but unable to do so because of your job.
    People who love/like you, are less likely to blame you. :)

2 people like this.
  6. JigsSM

JigsSM Silver IL'ite

Yea, I think its a great task for a working women to handle both home, work, in-laws, functions..

I think you should talk with your husband first calmly and make him understand how stressful you feel while handling all things together.

Prioritize the functions which you have to attend because taking too many leaves and half day from work doesn't throws good impression in office too.

Some day have a cool talk with you MIL and make her understand that why you cannot attend all the functions.

& Most important do not take stress for all the issues. :)

If you mind is calm then you will be able to concentrate and do things right.

7. StrongLady

StrongLady Silver IL'ite

Just attend the parties by taking paid leaves. Also let your ILS and DH know that these leaves are goin to effect your job and you might loose job.

8. AnithaAnand18

Hi,
    My week off is rotational off which can not be planned,I will get my leave confirmation either mid night or early morning from office which gives us more stress due to we can not plan anything

9. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Are you working in a BPO. If there is function which you are planning to attend apply for the leave one week before and get the approval.

But try and attend some functions so that you will have a break from your routine life.still your in laws are not happy after attending some functions as others suggested take unpaid leave and attend the function.When you get monthly salary with wage cut your husband and others will stop pestering you to attend functions.

10. AnithaAnand18

Thanks harini
    I am not working in BPO.It is International Bank back office processing.(no Night Shift)
    I too want to attend all the functions.I get so irritated because of my husband's understanding on this.Though he loves me a lot.He is very rude during this kind of functions or events if i am not able to attend which makes me frustrated mostly.Doesn't know how to handle this? feel like husbands are selfish Always