1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MIL acting wierd

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by cutesmile09, Aug 22, 2014.

1. cutesmile09

cutesmile09 Silver IL'ite

Dear friends,

Pls refer to older thread abt my MIL sickness, somehow I managed to serve my MIL for 45days without any help, in between I got sick, my baby got sick but still I managed chores well by GOD's grace my MIL recovered well, we have arranged for Physiotherphy for one week& everything went on well, Dr said tht my mil's health is normal now but my MIL is acting very wierd she is behaving as if she still sick&acts like she couldn't walk properly, Dr had asked me not to make her sit on the bed or couch for long time as it will affect the blood circulation, but she is not ready to accept tht she became normal,my FIL supports her& keep on telling everyone tht she lost her leg, she can't be normal for ever, she can't do chores& DIL shd serve her as its heir duty blah blah blah, I feel bad with their behaviour bcoz inspite of spending more than a lakh of rupees for surgery& me serving for 45days without any help, i feel happy if they just smile& walk around the home with positive thoughts but I think all our efforts r vain, don't knw the reason for their behaviour,feeling sad& depressed

2. cutesmile09

Looking for suggestions!!!

3. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

Hi

U think she is alright... but ur MIL still say she is not well... may be she is true...if not, am sure she is not acting... it takes time to come out from that...as u said she has undergone some surgery ,recovering from a surgery itself will take time... try to serve her... make her believe that she is alright... make her do some normal exercise like walking , bending etc...and when she feels comfortable, she will start doing her things...give her lots of support...

dont feel depressed ...things will get fine soon...

4. Kruthisree

Kruthisree Senior IL'ite

OP
    People are emotionally ill even after they are physically well. You need to give your MIL some time. Try to make her read books, watch some nice TV shows. She must get the point, whatever has happened is now over. Slowly she would start doing things. When you want her to move out of bed or couch, tell your FIL you care for her, and he should nt intervene. the best thing is make it FIL's duty to make sure MIL does not sit or lie down for long.

3 people like this.
  5. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

get her a good but strict physiotherapist who will restore the confidence in herself.. and soon she will be fine this happens mainly because of fear of falling..
    your FIL maybe a overly overcautious man ignore him..

6. cutesmile09

Thank you all wonderful ladies, yes she feels a bit low, we make sure tht she stays calm&happy,no she is not stressed abt surgery, even while she was undergoing operation she spoke to the Dr, she was fine initially when she was physically not well, now when her treatment got over& she is supposed to be fine she is not, I think she is mentally happy too bcoz she speaks well with FIL& they do bhajans, share jokes, keep on chatting only when she comes to us(both the Dils)the problem starts...

7. urenigma

urenigma Senior IL'ite

may be shez gotten used to the pampering and may be she thinks when finally she is fine she might start loosing the attention and all the pampering and care? You know sometime we also do it - when we are unwell, take medications and finally after a few days the temperature has come down but we still think we have a little more fever not willing to let go of all the attention and pamperin?
    Could be that? may be u can give her some more time??