1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What to do?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by leftpost, Jul 25, 2014.

1. leftpost

leftpost Senior IL'ite

Hi

As I had written my last post about my mother in law getting violent towards me when she came to visit us here, I am not in talking terms with them at all. We (me and dh) will be going to India early next year for a month. Since, our families live in different states, so my husband has told me that he won't take me to his parent's place, as this time he wants to see if they take any initiative to mend things. I am pretty much sure that my MIL will do emotional drama and would want to mend things superficially. I will have to go and stay with her for few days. Though, its still 6 months to go but I am feeling stressed already.

As far as I know her, she will mend things in a loving way and will assure my husband that she won't do such a drama again. This assurance won't last long given her history and she will again resort to taunts and abuses. I don't know what to do? If something like this happens, should I just mend things with her or stay firm on my decision of not talking to her ?

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

If your husband is on your side and not insisting you visit your in-laws then why worry about it? Stay at your parents' place and enjoy your vacation.

3. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

If ur husband had agreed to u staying at ur parents place n has asked u to stay away from ur inlaws, i think that is best! Let ur husband handle things at his end! Only problem i see is tht now he will be at his place without you, ur mil might talk ill abt u n try creating distances! But if it doesnt bother ur husband than its gud for u!
    Likeme n my husband have a pact, ( that i have yet to see how much is effective ) that all the ill talks, arguments, issues his parents create during our stay at his place, we will let go off it as soon as we take off from that place!
    If u feel it wont affect him then u shud just stay at ur place n enjoy ur tym wid ur parents! N be strong ur husband is on ur side!

4. jigisha321

jigisha321 Gold IL'ite

If your MIL does any emotional drama to make you come and stay..you also plan some drama...you can say " I am in such emotional trauma after your last behaviour that I still wake up shivering at night..I need time to recover my mind"..
    Thankfully your H is understanding..you can feel stronger just by thinking about that positive score..

1 person likes this.