1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MIL and ME - Common Interests

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by rkgurbani, Mar 16, 2013.

1. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Hey Ladies...

What do you share in common with your MIL? No matter whatever differences there may be or may not be...there maybe something in common that you both share, something that you both can laugh out loud together even if FIL and DH are around and trying to figure out whats going on:bonk.

My MIL and I love to talk. We can go on for hours on any topic under the sun.
    We also love shopping together and eating junk food.
    There are a lot of things that we do without any body's knowledge. We have our own code words for people whom we dislike.
    Also, lots of secrets between the two of us.

Touchwood, we share a very healthy relationship.

Do pour in your common interests ladies. Am sure it will make us all smile and realize that with these moments, MILs and DILs can do things together:cheers with similar interests.

16 people like this.

2. AshaSaju

AshaSaju Bronze IL'ite

Hey rkgurbani,

Looks like u both share special relationship...

At home, myself n MIL gel very well when we talk abt anything other than our household chores..cinema is our fav topic. Mostly she talks abt my DH's childhood..i love to hear it from her abt my DH's naughtiness.

3. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Pssst....:shhh:.... We both love the same man....;-).... :hide:..... :biggrin2:

15 people like this.
  4. rkgurbani

Thanks for your first FB dear Asha.

Am sure it must be fun to know abt your DH's childhood. In a way it helps us to understand our partners better

5. rkgurbani

HAHAHAHAHA!!! This truth cannot be changed!

6. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Listening to Hindi songs, but our choices are very different

7. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

I am still trying to find something in common. We are so different, sometimes I think DH was not thinking when we got together( he was mesmerised by my angelic beauty NOT)..

2 people like this.
  8. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

I can't find a common interest.... but yes a few similarities .............

When we wear saree... both me and MIL take palla in same fashion and tie it up.. somewhere in the waist when involved in some work.. which my SIL really hates and tells us... here comes both kaam waali baais.... SIL herself might need a 9 yards to be tied at 5 yards if at all she decides to wear one and then stay like a wax model.

We both have been tied with men who are not regular helpers at home.. hence we both have to do our own shopping for kitchen and home... unless the day is bright... and either of these men decide to enter a mall.

We both can eat a varity of food, our energies are spent in feeding ultra fussy spouse & kids at home. A few veggies are common taste for both of us and v few days we forget abu these men and pamper ourselves.

OP, whatever you mentioned... I share that relation with my mother and it feels great.

4 people like this.
  9. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

NONE! MIL and me do not share any common interest, nor we like the same things...
    I'm sure both of us have a constipated look on our respective faces when we need to (read "forced to") spent time together...

2 people like this.
  10. rkgurbani

My MIL loves new numbers whereas I love old numbers. She would rather watch an Awards function instead of any other program whereas I am glued to travel and cooking channels!