1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thought provoking question.

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by kishoremommy, Mar 13, 2012.

1. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Thoughtful replies.

After some 15 to twenty years,what will be my condition?

Will I search for forums where MILS of my age vent their problems like I do now ,searching DILs' frustration over dominating MILs.

Who knows ,I may meet some of you in your old ages?

2. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

I wonder if we would still be here complaining about dil, or may be both dil or mil.:coffee
    But I am sure in the future, the MILs wouldn't have the power to control their son's and dil's life the way the MILs in the current generation have. I don't have any desire of such control as well. I find it quite funny that mothers send their sons away for education in spite of the fact that they won't get home cooked food and will have to do with whatever is available, however, as soon as the son gets married, all her motherly instincts come into play and she is suddenly so worried about the son- my dil is not taking proper care of him, she is not cooking good food... rubbish. This is about control not caring. However, problems can occur with any individuals and we might need to vent or seek advise even as mils.

2 people like this.
  3. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

MIL after 20 years!!!!!:bonk

I will ask my new DIL to fight with my MIL.:thumbsup

Of course,future generation will be more tactful and smart in this kind of things.Hope she won't be a bekku like me.

4. aaral

aaral Silver IL'ite

Well the current situation is like this when MIL was DIL she took care of her children and puts up with her MIL now that she is MIL she looks after her grand children and puts up with her DIL :)

1 person likes this.
  5. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Not entirely true. My mil never had to put up with her mil. Always lived in a nuclear family, nor has she ever looked after my child. The fact is she always lived her live the way she wanted to, but now that she is old, she is living a comfortable life totally dependent on us and there are many many examples like this.

sindmani and kishoremommy like this.
  6. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

Maybe MILs are not computer-literate?? Or maybe they just like ranting to anybody who is ready to lend a ear?? Everybody has the right to express., you see :)

sindmani likes this.