1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Update from my side

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by bubai, Nov 26, 2010.

1. bubai

bubai Gold IL'ite

Dear All,

There is some update from my side and I thought of sharing with all of you..........:)

So my in-laws are still here. They are leaving in 5 days. I spoke to my husband after he came back from Chicago and we decided to go for Counseling too.....But I have to admit being in Indusladies has helped me a lot. I came up with a strategy to ignore whatever my in-laws said. There were times when my MIL instigated to have a fight with me, but I told her right on her face that I was not interested in having any confrontation with her.....I was not interested to fight with her.

I stopped complaining about her to my husband. I stopped it completely. Now I don't care what they think and do. I simply DON'T care. Everyday when my husband comes home, my MIL has loads of complaints against me......Bubai is arrogant, Bubai didn't ask if we had breakfast, Bubai does not care for us.....

Now my husband is totally confused because there is no complaint from my side. Its like I am a totally changed person. I have stopped screaming and shouting, I have stopped cribbing about things, I have stopped complaining about my in-laws to my husband.........And I can proudly say I see a big difference in his attitude now. I DO think that if a husband genuinely loves the wife, eventually he will be able to see the efforts she is putting in.

This pregnancy has been very hard on me with a lot of stress but I am sure I have learnt my lesson. My MIL came here with an excuse of helping me out but she went to all places for sight-seeing. My husband was telling me the other day how selfish his parents are and how they brag about things. Well, it is none of my business......I know who are MY FOLKS and who genuinely care for me. I miss work and am planning to join work in 7-8 months. I have found a part-time nanny too.

Things are not perfect but they are OK. Thanks to all of you!! This is life I guess and we all learn.........:)

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Luv,

--Bubai

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

wowww this is wonderful news.....am glad thatyou were able to resolve this one...You got all your chips rightly placed...screaming and fighting iwthhim wont help anytime as it would just further prove what his mom is complaining about.

Even if he is talking about his parents..just dont say yes/no..let him just express his thoughts and dont judge him/his parents..that way he would feel more relaxed to express his thoughts infront of you...finally he too needs a outlet isnt it?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  3. Mihisha

Mihisha Senior IL'ite

Dear Bubai

Long time, nice to hear from you.. let me first Congratulate you for the second "gud news"..
    I read ur previous thread and really second my opinion that others have put that you are handling the situation v well.... dear, u must have heard ' sabko mukkamal jahan nahi milta, kabhi zamin tau kabhi aasman nahi milta".... I miss my ILs gifting me anything and vying for my attention..of course not at the cost of any humiliation or stress... but u r handling things rightly and u shud stay away frm any kind of stress at this point.... just stay calm and postpone any major thinking or arguments until the new one arrives...

Again, u r an inspiration and I too love to take care of my kid the way you are already doing.. its nice to hear ur lil one is brilliant and doing great...

Have a nice thanksgiving!
    Stay calm,

Love n Hugs,

Misha

4. bubai

bubai Gold IL'ite

Srividya,

I can never ever thank you.....I have read your replies in Akruti's forum and I agree with you so much. I have decided that I am going to spend all my energy in building up a strong relationship with my husband. I always felt we had a strong relationship, but somehow we lost tracks.....

Actually now my in laws are also keeping quiet because if they shout they will look like fools as I am NOT reacting at all. Thanks again!! I apprecaite the time you have taken to post here, Srividya.....

Hi Mihisha,

Thanks dear......How have you been? We are actually not sure about the ADHD thing. He might have a mild form of ADHD. I was always hyper and looking back now I think I was an ADHD child myself. We will deal with it when the time comes.

But as a parent I want to bring up my children in an environment which is not hostile and kids grow happily. I never liked it when my parents used to fight and I will do anything so that my children don't go through the same life. I still think my marriage is strong, the only hitch was that I didn't know how to keep my distance from my in laws and how to handle them.......am learning now. I can get really angry at times when I am provoked. I need to change myself a bit too.......just like any human being I have my own flaws......Lets see......

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Luv,

--Bubai

5. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

its was very nice to read your post bubai :)

I too changed a lot after joining this forum. I dont know why, but I am just not interested in fighting with anyone.... I am completely ignoring my inlaws and my mind is at peace.

Cheers to the new found attitude and peace in life!!!

...keep it going!!

-Tulipz

6. vasudhas

vasudhas New IL'ite

I am so happy to read your post Bubai. Its an inspiration and motivation for us ladies after reading your post that yes we are going in right direction and CRUX IS THAT COMPLAINING AND FIGHTING WITH YOUR DH IS FUTILE AND USELESS. I AM ALSO REALIZING IT GRADUALLY BUT DEFINITELY THAT YOU HAVE TO STAND FOR YOUR SELF AND YOUR DH WONT STAND FOR U. MY DH TODAY TOLD ME THAT HE IS HAPPY THAT THOUGH ITS A VERY SLOW PROGRESS BUT HE THINKS THAT WE AS A COUPLE ARE DEVELOPING MENTAL TUNING B/W US, WHICH ACCORDING TO HIM IS THE BASIS OF ANY HAPPY MARRIAGE. THOUGH BUT AT SAME TIME HE WAS READY TO POINT OUT THAT ITS A VERY SLOW PROGRESS.

BUT WITH ALL THE IL'S SUPPORT, I AM DEVELOPING POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND I CUT HIM SAYING THAT BE POSITIVE THAT AT LEAST WE ARE GOING ON RIGHT TRACK, EVEN IF IT'S SLOW.:thumbsup:-)

7. bubai

bubai Gold IL'ite

Thanks Tulipzz and Vasu,

Yes, I am just ignoring them......They are leaving in 2 days and they are scared now. They know that I don't pick up the calls from people I don't like and NOW they know they will be in THAT category. My husband is too busy to entertain their phone calls and as far as I am interested, well.....I am NOT interested. They know that they are totally dependent on me to hear their grandson's voice and I WILL NOT be entertaining their calls....

My MIL had once told me that she didn't need anything in life because she had money and a husband......Well, I guess money does not buy happiness. She is the most unhappy person I have ever seen. I am so DONEEEEEEEEEE with both of them. To me, they are just two buffons.....:)

A month back my MIL was so angry at me when I woke up at 9:00 am.......She asked me "You don't care if we have eaten breakfast or not......blah blah blah........" I looked into her eyes and said "In last 2 months, you have never asked your pregnant DIL if she wants to eat anything special, then why should I ask"...........I turned back and said "The last thing I want in my life right now is any sort of confrontation with you" and I walked away. She stood there like a fool, not knowing how to react. If she expected her 7 month pregnant DIL to wake up in the morning and cook breakfast for her......ha ha.....She was so so so wrong.

My husband hasn't complained since that day because he knows I haven't fought/screamed at them.

I remember reading one of Srividya's posts and it made such a big impression in my mind........Really if we want, we can ill-treat people just by ignoring them and by NOT talking to them. I am so glad I learnt my lesson.

The best thing is that because I am NOT fighting now.......they have started picking up fights with their son......It clearly shows how my in-laws want their ego to be massaged...........but who cares? Their true color is out and clear......

Take care ladies!!!

--Bubai

8. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Super!!! ummmahhh !

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2010
  9. DianaRose

DianaRose Junior IL'ite

Hi bubai,

i hv not read ur earlier post...but happy for u for this change in attitude and able to feel the bubbling in ur writing. Hope i too will one day write an update like this....keep rocking.....have wonderful days ahead

10. sanjeevni

sanjeevni Senior IL'ite

congrats dear... it is refreshing to read news like this. gives hope to others that things will can work out. Hope everyone of us gets a chance like this. :thumbsup