Raw mango juice

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by madhurisatya, May 11, 2009.

1. madhurisatya

madhurisatya Silver IL'ite

Now as this is season of mangoes.Normally raw mangoes we wll prepare chutney or dal or pulihora or some other dished.If it becomes ripe we can't prepare any dish.With those mangoes we can prepare juice.

Wash mango and pressure cook it for 3 visils.Once it cools down squeeze out the juice with hand into a mixie juicer jar.Remove the seed.Add water, sugar if needed and turn the mixer on for 2 or 3 seconds.Till it mixes well.

Raw mango juice is ready.This juice won't produce body heat as normal mango juice.

2. leelagk

leelagk Gold IL'ite

can we use any kind of raw mangoes?i hav ''priyur''mangoes ...r they good enuff for this?

3. madhurisatya

I have no idea about priyur mangos.I used to prepare with the mangos which we get to prepare Dal and other stuff.

4. tranquility

tranquility Bronze IL'ite

Hey Madhurisatya!

Thanks for sharing about mango juice. U a bengali?:) Because this juice is called "aam chutney" in bengali and definately very good to curb body heat during summer. (prepared slightly different way).But just one small query.. do you use completely raw mangoes or mangoes which are just turning ripe and a very little soft..?

5. madhurisatya

I guess you can try both types.